http://www.traderjoes.com/Attachments/EC_loc.pdf

lots of them in fact.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Well, there goes that CW!

Maybe it was true once upon a time.

hannahc is offline Senior Member

I tried to buy a bottle of wine before 1pm on a Sunday once, apparently that's not allowed in Ohio! I also remember that in CO they only sell reduced alcohol beer in the grocery stores, so you have to go to a liquor store for real beer or alcohol. Interesting

You are what you eat,
    and what you eat eats too - Michael Pollan

Funny thing, I went into TJ's the other day and since going Primal, I found that I skipped most of the isles. Actually, very few items actually 'fit the bill' in my diet anymore. I was VERY appalled by the meat they sold. Ingredients like Sodium Phosphates, dextrose, etc. I was wondering if I was standing in a basic Safeway!

I still like that store, but now, my eyes are opened and I still found about 90% of there stuff about as CW-whacked as a regular convenience store!

SeanBissell is offline Junior Member

I think TJ is awesome for: (Not all 100% primal)

-Nuts

-Avocados

-Organic cottage cheese

-Cheese of most kinds

-Coffee

-Olives

-Almond flour

-Wine

-Wild caught frozen shrimp/prawns

That's all I can think of right now.

But getting those items there saves me quite a lot of $$$.

-Sean

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Yes, Colorado has some strange liquor laws. Grocers can sell only 3.2 beer or wine coolers, and you can buy on Sundays. There used to be 3-2 bars in college towns, often thought of "trainer bars" because the minimum age was 18 for 3.2 beer. When MADD forced changes via federal law during the Clinton years, there went the 3-2 bars.

The law for liquor stores was changed last summer, so they can open on Sundays. Actually, the Mom 'n Pops were against the change because it was a guaranteed day off and they didn't have to worry about the competition staying open. The big chains were all for it because they are open anyway.

One of the weirdest things in the old laws is that pharmacies could sell liquor! Except on Sundays, of course. When I lived in The Hood, around the corner was Howard's Liquor. Old Mr. Howard, Colorado's first black pharmacist, found out many years ago that his drug store was a target for criminals and that he was making more money off of the liquor sales. So, he went 100% liquor.

Sean, I totally agree with ya there. The quality of those products can not be found anywhere else (at least in regards to the big chain grocery stores) and is definitely a lot cheaper than Whole Foods, in general.

paleo_piper is offline Junior Member

PrimalCon New York

I guess I'm lucky. Up here, I've only got local co-ops and independent whole grocers. There's a few Safeway markets, but I wouldn't set foot in there. Last time I did, I bought some organic produce, took it home, discovered it was moldy and brought it back and they wouldn't give me a refund.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12