Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cannibalism page

Cavebot 3.0 is offline Senior Member

Cannibalism

Primal Fuel
    So!

...what about cannibalism? Healthy?

*cough*

I mean eating someone who was eating primally. They'd have good o3 : o6 balance, and all the nutrients we would need. While it hasn't been shown that our ancestors ate the dead to sustain themselves on a day to day basis, they certainly have before, and one of our our closest relatives, chimps, have been known to partake in cannibalism as well.

...I was tempted to put this up on the nutrition board but that seemed too trollish but really, if you were trapped somewhere or something, would cannibalism be healthy? Would you get some kind of serious illness?

Should we start human clone farms for true optimal health?

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    Someone eating primally would be more valuable alive

I'm a bit funny about eating carnivores; I'd avoid the brain and liver - due to possible disease transmission and the build up of chemicals and residues in the liver. Also, check they're not a zombie first...
    Is it odd that I'd have no moral problem with *theoretically* eating someone in a "oh no they died and I will too unless I break out the frying pan" scenario. I wouldn't accept killing someone for that purpose.

I'd also suggest some braised cabbage, perhaps some apple sauce? Think of the crackling!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    obviously, the concept of cannibalism is repugnant to humans, and i don't see that going away anytime soon, and the concept of farming humans -- even clones -- is simply bad economics. it's too intensive to farm.

most animals go from infancy to edible maturity in a year or less (some in a matter of days or months), and humans take a long time to mature to a state where it would be advantageous to kill for food. i would say we would wait until at least age 20 or so, and 20 years of maintaining a human (housing, feed, medical care) is a hefty fee for such a small amount of meat off of the human frame. but even if that was considered somehow beneficial (economically speaking), we would still have the repugnance of cannibalism.

most instances of human cannibalism are dire situations or in certain spiritual/funerary rites of a given community and not a common part of the diet of those individuals. i have no experience with chimpanzee cannibalism, but i would assume that it would be because of lack of other food sources, and not due to a particular desire for chimpanzee meat.

so, really, the whole point is moot just on the repugnance factor.

and no, in general, humans accept the idea that cannibalism is acceptable as a last resort, so long as one is not killing for the cannibalism in that instance. if one person dies and the other has no way to live except to eat that person, then yes, it's considered morally appropriate. if one person is weaker than the other, or injured, it is not appropriate to kill that person and eat them, though. it's interesting, but all of our literature, etc, is clear.

MIstressKiki is offline Senior Member
    Hmm wouldn't that be a little close to GM? Surely better to eat free range :-P

Seriously though it is an aspect which is part of human behaviour throughout history http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/...01/cannibalism and http://www.globalpolitician.com/2745...uman-sacrifice and http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n..._cannibal.html

It can have some pretty major health repercussions though - obviously the ingestion of undercooked human flesh is a risk factor for several diseases such as Hepatitis, and the ingestion of brain matter can lead to a condition similar to CJD, known as Kuru - http://www.nhs.uk/news/2009/11Novemb...w-disease.aspx

This article - http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2189571/ - does posit that it is possible to transmit disease via the vector of cannibalised flesh in a tight knit social structure (close to the bottom of the page) - and uses humans and chimps (social primates) as the prime examples of this.

So yeah healthy primal "long pork", if you avoid the brain and spine (whch is a shame because of the nutritional value) should be ok. But, as I said before, free range over cloned any day.

And zoebird - 20 years old? pfah!! Go for milk fed 1 year old. All that lovely crackling ....... http://www.rotten.com/library/death/...dest-proposal/ Just look what was being proposed in the 18th century (although apprently satire)

And I am assuming/hoping people know I am kidding here :-P I love my son too much to countenance this irl but making the point that we eat lamb so .........
    Last edited by MIstressKiki; 01-08-2011 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Geekishness - wanting to reference as much as poss

lizch is offline Senior Member
    If you guys start eating humans, I'm going to start inhaling bread and pasta as a defense mechanism.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    LOL, lizch. This thread will serve as good PR for attracting new primals I'm sure.
    Last edited by TornadoGirl; 01-08-2011 at 03:48 PM.
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

uhm, i never said i was eating any people.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Here's another thought----In the Bible, it states that Noah took 7 of every species that was 'good' to eat. Now here is the kicker. He took 7 humans--his wife, three sons and three daughter's in law.

Seems as though cannibalism is biblical. Anyone have the answer to that. I'll wait to post a bit more about this after some of you make some comments.
    Tayatha om bekandze

Bekandze maha bekandze

Randza samu gate soha

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    If the fecal matter struck the air circulator and one of my partners died and I was starving... nomnomnom! I'll take mine medium rare please!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast