Thread: Adrenal, thyroid, and glucose tests? page

Atlas is offline Member

Adrenal, thyroid, and glucose tests?

Primal Fuel
    Hello all,
    I realize I can't get complete medical advice here, but I'm seeking input about reliable adrenal, thyroid, and glucose tests. I'm not sure what's going on with my body, nor have doctors been able to suggest anything other than to eat more and rest. Due to chronic exhaustion, and cravings/bingeing yet remaining underweight, I suspect some kind of endocrine disturbance-- maybe adrenal fatigue, hyperthyroidism, hypoglycemia, or diabetes? Have any of you had good experience with particular naturopathic doctors, or endocrine tests that you can order online? I'm a college anatomy/physiology and biochemistry instructor and have reasonable self-confidence in being able to interpret the test results.
    Thank you.

Herbwifemama is offline Senior Member
    My dr is a DO who also uses TCM, and he had me do a saliva and urine test to test the levels of my hormones. They're more accurate than you can get from blood tests. (All my bloodwork was perfect)

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I very much like my naturopath. She ran all those tests you speak of immediately, and also anything else I was concerned about as well. She had the saliva hormone test done. Added bonus: She already knows grains are crap, too.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates