Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad Skin? page 2

tangentrider is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I've had a lot of trouble with acne on my chin. Over the holidays, I spent some time in the mountains, eating, shall we say, horribly, but getting sufficient sleep and greatly reduced stress. The acne disappeared. Within days of the return to regular life--and better food--the acne is back.

Apparently, I need to work on sleep and rest, because no change in eating or cleansing has helped.
    Started PB late 2008, lost 50 lbs by late 2009. Have been plateaued, but that thing may just be biting the dust: more on that later.

TornadoGirl is offline Senior Member
    My dermatologists always told me that diet wasn't the cause of my skin woes. WRONG! Definitely getting off of most sugar and grains has helped a lot. Still a work in progress but I'm hoping that it will continue to improve. My goal is to go to the farmer's market/grocery on Saturdays without foundation and not feel embarrassed by my skin. Some days it does look like a possibility .
    True healthcare reform starts in your kitchen, not in Washington. ~Anonymous
    The worst carrot is better than the best candybar.--TornadoGirl

Someguy is offline Member
    In a nut shell acne can be a sign that your body is trying to get rid of excess toxics in your body. In your situation it could be that since going primal your body isn't so busy dealing with a constant battle with wheat and insulin spikes its finally getting around to getting rid of any toxins floating around in your system. I'd personally give it another week or two and I believe it'll clear up.

I myself am still dealing with a major breakout of acne from eating wheat over the holidays...very annoying stuff.
    Without music life would be a mistake.

eraserheadgirl Guest
    Yes, stopping the wheat may be a cause for some, but I've been gluten-free for over six months. Another poster suggested candida die-off, and since I had a diet high in sugar alcohols, I think that may be what is causing the break-outs. My break-outs, like Tangentrider, are on the chin? Maybe some delightful chicken fat is dribbling down my chin and clogging my pores? (Just kidding, btw).

taihuibabe is offline Junior Member
    OCM sounds like a good idea, (and I'm not ruling it out! I like olive oil as a moisturizer) but apparently some people have a bad reaction to castor oil. FYI

Desi is offline Junior Member
    I have experienced acne since going primal over the past few months.. a bummer I am getting several at a time along my hair line and on my cheeks where i have NEVER experienced it before. I might also try reducing my dairy... which is going to be kinda sad, but I won't stop going PB over these pesty pimples... lol the results with wieght and energy and mood make it all the worth it.

Desi is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    do a quick search on "candida die off" and look at the different symptoms that people experience.

my cradle-cap/dander went from tolerable to insane when i got off the grains, and now is back to tolerable and hopefully will be moving toward gone soon.
    Best information that could have been given here, I read the symptoms and back when I went PB randomly without slow die off; I had a lot of those other symptoms, so it makes perfect sense now. Stickin in there!!! Thanks a bunch for the candida die off info.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12