Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BoarFest 2011! page

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

BoarFest 2011!

Shop Now
    That's right, Boarfest 2011 is being planned!

For those of you who are unfamiliar with Boarfest 2010, it was a boar roast I hosted for Primal Blueprint lifestylers. We roasted a boar, ate copious amounts of wild boar, venison, vegetables, fruits, and wine. There was a bonfire and live music. It was a fantastic gathering that absolutely must be repeated.

With some learning from last year's trial and error, there will be a few changes to hopefully make it run a bit smoother, make it even more enjoyable, and best of all... do something good.

Boarfest will be held July 30th, 2011. This will be basically a one-day boar roast, but attendees are more than welcome to camp out between July 29th at noon to July 31st at 4pm.

Tasty Boar..jpg

For more information, go HERE

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    Wish I lived closer, I'd love to try the wild boar and hang out.
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

jon tall tree is offline Senior Member
    Im interested were is this taking place?

Paleobird Guest
    Maybe your Boarfest can become the East Coast version of Primalcon. Looks yummy.

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Nomnomnom! I <3 piggy!

It's gonna be a great time. I hope as many people come as humanly possible. Not only do I want to meet awesome Primals, but I really want to raise enough money to buy a pig (or better) for a family.

I don't know about it being anything like PrimalCon. We're not learning anything, but we are having a bad-ass barbecue!

Jon- it's in a little town called Addison, about 20 minutes from Corning, NY.

Herbwifemama is offline Senior Member
    You're in OH, right? I am just next door. I'd love to meet you. Will you have other meat options besides boar? I don't eat pork.

Actually I'm in western NY, but I'm hoping to make a trip to OH this spring/summer to visit some other Primal friends. Maybe a spontaneous Primal meetup can be put together?

I'm not sure what meat options will be available until the event gets closer. Last year we ended up with some windfall venison and raw goat milk. A friend got a buttload of clams cheap so we steamed those up too. If all else fails I'm sure concessions can be made, especially if you're willing to travel all the way to NY. (Though boy oh boy you're really missing out with the boar. ) LOL

Herbwifemama is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I want to get a portion of a cow this spring. Maybe I can bring some steak or something. NY, eh? Don't know if that would be as doable...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast