Thread: 3,000 REASONS TO GO PRIMAL;( page

clayberg is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

clayberg is offline Junior Member

62shelby Guest

interesting find!

Acmebike is offline Member

Great list! (and your McD's in a prior post) EZ to avoid foods when you realize it is acceptable to put stuff from that list into the box.... just ain't food in my book....

Nick Guest

Nice, acetone peroxides are on that list. That's the liquid explosive that they're going nuts over in New York right now (and the origin of the TSA liquids restriction in the first place).

PrimalGoddess is offline Junior Member

Oh Yummy !!!!!!!!!!! (NOT!)

Great list! glad to be Primal xoox Darlene

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Don't forget table salt, a compound of two of the most toxic elements on earth, sodium and chlorine. Did you know sodium will self ignite in air? Yes, it has to be kept in kerosene or similar. Now, that's nasty stuff! But....

I'm sure most of that list is not good for us, but w/o further research I'm guessing that the vast majority of the chemicals listed are in the foods accidentally, not intentionally, and are in such small quantities as to not matter. And probably any given food just a few or most likely, none.

Once we went agricultural, we've been putting chemicals in our foods. Sometimes in the growing, sometimes in the prep, sometimes as preservatives. Prior to the invention of DDT and subsequent similar organic insecticides and fungicides, farmers used toxic compounds of copper, arsenic, and nicotine, just a few I can quickly remember.

And please don't think I'm saying we should be consuming these chemicals by the spoonful. I'm not. I'm saying that the vast majority in the amounts typically ingested are not harmful. Our bodies are very adept at handling and eliminating small doses of most "unfamiliar" chemicals. People used to swallow mercury to cure syphilis. It worked, BTW. Did they die from it? Hard to say, since the life spans were short and I'm sure no one was monitoring such things.

And yes, it's good to avoid those middle aisles and if you can get it and afford it, buy organic.

grandma is offline Member

Well this database is ingredients which are directly added to food. I don't know if that includes pesticide I think it does not. I think these are ingredients which would be required on the labeling of a package. I do not believe that these are "accidental" ingredients.

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I stand corrected. I think I conflated that list in the Bionic Burger video with this one.

Since most of those chemical have unfamiliar names, I'm guessing that if they are used below certain levels, they don't have to be listed. Sort of like the nutritional data labels and the rounding down trick. "Oh, look, no carbs." Actually, it was .99 grams in one, oh, potato chip. "Bet you can't eat just one!"

I'm sort of making that up, but it's how the system works.