Thread: Where do Central Ohio Groks/Grokettes shop for food page

geostump is offline Senior Member

Where do Central Ohio Groks/Grokettes shop for food

Primal Fuel
    I've been at this for a month and am wondering where a lot of people in Central Ohio ( I live between Newark & Columbus) shop for food. I go to Kroger & Giant Eagle but there prices sometimes are a bit high and I am wanting to get good quality food at slightly better prices. I did read the post about food on a budget but I am needing more ideas. I am planning on purchasing a qtr or half a cow at income tax time. I have a family of 5 and finding stores with decent prices is hard to find. If any of you have any suggestions, let me know.

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member
    Oh, how I WISH I was still in Columbus! There are several Trader Joe's & Whole Foods in the area, although you'd probably have to make a trip into the city to get to them. TJ's usually has amazing prices on everything.
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

Mav3rick is offline Senior Member
    +2 for Trader Joes and Whole Foods. I live within a few miles of both so that's where I do some of my shopping. It's not cheap by any means, but I think you will have a hard time finding good quality food on the cheap unless you are buying direct from a farm. Also there are quite a few farmers markets around. I've never been but I hear the one in worthington and clintonville are pretty good.