Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal - Jen & Beagles page

jenh is offline Senior Member
    Vernon Hills, IL (Northern Chicago suburbs)

Post Primal Journal - Jen & Beagles

Primal Fuel
    Well here goes nothing folks.... I've been starting to follow this fairly strictly since about December 28th with the exception of Dec 31 & Jan 1st. I just had to have some Sparkling Grape Juice while making steak, onions, mushrooms in some butter and some french fries (baked). OMG! That was amazing!!!!

I thought I'd have carb flu earlier, but seems that lack of sugar and it's nasty cravings are now catching up with me. I'm very tired and have been sleeping rather poorly. I am hoping this goes away soon. My friend and coworker is concerned for me as she said I looked horrible this morning. I didn't think I did. Other than the fatigue, I feel good. My neck area used to get some acne and some odd bumplike acne - those seem to already be gone. I believe I'm down a total of 1.5 pounds since Monday the 3rd which is good - but not sure how reliable that scale is. I do know I was at 268 at the doctor's office who has recommended this website and similar eating plan... I go back end of the month so we'll have accurate information then for sure.

So far, I don't always find myself hungry for breakfast and according to him I should make sure I'm eating at least 3 meals a day. I've had more of a snack (rather than breakfast) of 1/2 apple and 1 stick string cheese this morning. Lunch will be green beans and some leftover meatloaf. And I keep peanuts around to snack on 'cuz the doctor said with his plan that's fine... I am thinking I'm a little too low on carbs due to my fatigue being this bad. Am thinking about eating a very small yukon gold potato tonight as his plan allowed for that. I am soooo tired. ugh. But I soooo want to make this work too.

I read a success story that is similar to my issues: IBS, Severe Endometriosis (had surgery to remove adhesion of uterus, bladder and fallopian tubes), high blood pressure, prediabetic, and high cholesterol. Not to mention I've always been heavy - even at my thinnest adult weight I still had a little extra to love... I'm not worried about what the scale says or even what my body eventually agrees that my size is a whatever. I would just LOVE to feel better, look better - and shop "normal" size clothing... I hope these tough days get better.
    -Jen
    My goal pic...

Sugar is a damn drug. It's a sick and evil cycle that I must break permanently. GROKETTE ON!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/JLDesignStudio (My personal designs & creations of quality handcrafted jewelry. Items for grokettes AND groks of all ages.)

Question Jan 11

Well just read Mark's email about not freaking out. I'm hoping I'm getting 90% of the 100% right as for now I'm really only focusing on the nutrition part.

B-Niman Ranch Bacon (4 slices) 3 large eggs with handful of grated cheddar cheese.
    L-leftover homemade meatsauce - YUM! 1 Clementine Orange
    I have strawberries for a snack and even some of that bacon leftover.
    D-I think that will be some steaks I have at home cooked in butter and likely some frozen veggies. Thank God for the butter!

I had some cravings bad Fri/Sat for sugar...I found a Tangelo that was DELICIOUS and helped with that craving... Growing up we rarely had fresh fruit and mushrooms and broccoli were exotic LOL! So I'm trying to branch out and try a few new things... I have yet to get the guts to try asparagus and need to try that peach and apricot that I got too.

As for my sleep, I swear I need tons at this point. My body has always liked sleep so I'm wondering if perhaps I'm just someone now on carb flu who really needs more sleep than the average...but we'll just keep plugging away.

Other than some mild changes I'm seeing and wanting more sleep I do feel more energy overall. And I believe I'm down 7.5 pounds in the last 2 weeks plus some pants are loser than they've been in a long long time. I feel an "internal" energy that is pushing, motivating me to what I swear WILL be success. I want to feel comfortable wearing a swimsuit this summer, I want to wear a skirt in the closet that is nice but about 3 sizes too small. That would be sooo awesome!

Oh, I must keep going!!!! I can do this!
    My goal pic...

Sugar is a damn drug. It's a sick and evil cycle that I must break permanently. GROKETTE ON!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/JLDesignStudio (My personal designs & creations of quality handcrafted jewelry. Items for grokettes AND groks of all ages.)

BeagleMan is offline Senior Member
    More beagles! heh heh

Took a quick read through your first journal post...you mentioned peanuts. peanuts on this are a no-no I believe (I always put that disclaimer in there because I never think I know enough to give advice). Nuts are great...but not peanuts. I mean you can eat what you want, but wasn't sure if you knew about peanuts.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by BeagleMan View Post
    More beagles! heh heh

Took a quick read through your first journal post...you mentioned peanuts. peanuts on this are a no-no I believe (I always put that disclaimer in there because I never think I know enough to give advice). Nuts are great...but not peanuts. I mean you can eat what you want, but wasn't sure if you knew about peanuts.

Good luck.
    Yes, I did read about the peanuts. But the official plan I'm following via my doctor's office said I could include peanuts so I haven't taken those out of my diet yet. It will eventually be something I discuss with them further. But I truly do appreciate the advice! I'm doing my absolute best not to sabotage this as I feel like I'm about 22 again! I may not be thin yet - but I feel thin "inside". Whooooot!

Yes, beagles are the BEST! LOL! Unfortunately my little girl, Lady, passed on November 18th unexpectedly due to a massive tumor on her spleen. Right now with my health changes I'm not ready for another one and the responsibility it brings - but I know someday I will be... I have been in love with beagles since I was about 9 years old...and my whole family has gone that route as my parents are on their 3rd beagle now... :-) Got to love those silly creatures - even if they do find mischief :-) hahaha!
    My goal pic...

Post Total 13 pounds GONE!

I was excited today to see the scale finally below 260 - and waay below. It said 255.0! So 3.5 weeks and I'm down 13 pounds. Pretty miraculous considering the program prior via my docs office (mind you my doctor also has me now on this - they tweaked the old program that still allowed some grain) before I'd lost 17 pounds in a few months I believe. And I liked that program because I felt good and blood test results were good and all that stuff. To see this much success and to feel as good "inside" as I do. I am thrilled.

I've not even been 100% truthful because I find sugar was used in the curing of my bacon or sausage that *someone* had to eat... And I did splurge New Year's Eve and last Saturday - I sooo wanted that Amaretto Stone Sour and it so hit the spot - very very sweet.

Tuesday we'll know real results from the original scale. Oooh can't wait! Lord did I just say I *wanted* to step on a scale? That is FOREIGN! LOL!
    My goal pic...

Post Another update and realization

I should've done it sooner but did measurements this morning that I should've done 3 weeks ago... But better late than never. So now I can also look at those in addition to a scale.

I had a snack yesterday and hadn't looked at the ingredients before in the dried cranberries and flipped out in my cubicle at work. Sugar! WTH? Why would we put sugar in dried fruit? It has already enough naturally I'm certain. No damn wonder why I thought those were so tasty with the almonds when I needed a snack! Argh. Now my unopened bags went to the irritating coworker cuz I know she'll eat it.

I doubt she'll ever buy into what I'm doing for this contrary to what she said this morning when I showed her the sample eating plan from my doctor's office... Which is slightly different than the official PB recommendations - but I think it's close enough... She believes in diet pop and dannon lightn fit yogurt...blah blah blah. She still tries to tell me I need to limit what I'm eating and that fat in moderation is only okay. Oh hell NO! And I don't even think I need to do that -because for whatever reason I have no desire to gorge or "stuff" myself. I've ate a whole POUND of bacon in a sitting and put how many tablespoons of real butter on my veggies now? Why would someone want to drink diet mountain dew or diet rootbeer? They taste NOTHING like the real thing and are TOTALLY disgusting. I'd rather have the calories - and have pretty much always been that way. No liquid sugar - real or fake. Ick.

And why in the hell do I care about her opinion? I guess it's a competitive thing in me that I'm afraid she'll be better than me, but yet I thank god I'm not her because her A personality irritates the livin' crap outta me! Argh! Okay enough venting.
    My goal pic...

Post Oh my aching gut today

Why did I have such a bloating/cramping awful stomach today? I felt like either my IBS and/or Endometriosis was trying to return and hit me! Thank god it went away.

Perhaps because I didn't think to eat breakfast like I've been doing. idk

Well lunch today was not near big enough. Had some ham, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, cucumbers, carrots and tried to eat it as a lettuce wrap but whatever it was/however it was sure didn't matter to my tastebuds. I should've had more because now I ate a clementine orange for a snack and I'm tired and hungry again. argh. I feel like I need caffeine (mind you I don't drink coffee) and my source is the devil of all primalers - Mountain Dew. AAARRRGH! Please someone stop my cravings for evil things like liquid sugar. Of course while eating lunch w/ the whole stomach thing I just wasn't even sure if I *should* eat more food...

Tonight - more chili... Oh lord I am tired and need energy. Maybe I try to scrounge up some almonds in my cubical. Hmmm.
    My goal pic...

Question Carb Flu - still?

Oh lord for the last 30+ hours I'm sick of my gut. I started on Dec 27th and am down 5.6 pounds and rarely cheat. Granted Friday afternoon (1/21/2011) I gave in to temptation for a Mountain Dew...yes please don't hate me. But especially since awakening yesterday 1/25/2011 I was battling something close to constipation then the rest of the day I'm crampy, bloated, and feeling like my intestines are going to explode. It's similar to the IBS symptoms I've had before but I thought that was getting better. Now I've been battling some frustrations at work and some depression overall but those are now being dealt with now for over a week... Any thoughts?
    My goal pic...

Post 1 Month In

Well it's now been one month and I'm down 5.6 pounds and about 3.4 of that loss was fat. Not horrible, but I was hoping for better considering how little I've cheated. I find myself cheating on this less than ANY OTHER diet/food program I've ever tried. But I also know I feel better. Though this week I've been battling some stomach/intestinal issues and am still kind of confused why. It's getting better; knock on wood.

I'm thinking if it's something to do with my cycle/carb flu/IBS/Endometriosis. Just praying it's not the Endo again - I can't deal with that again as a single woman for many reasons.

I am planning to do some more work around the house as I've been pretty lazy due to the depression issues - specifically that of losing my dog recently... But I know it's getting better, so just like eating primally - ever day is a new day.

B: Ground beef patty w/ salt & pepper
    S: 1 Navel Orange
    L: Leftover chili w/ sour cream, green onions and sharp cheddar cheese
    D: 3 eggs, mild cheddar cheese, sausages, green peppers, diced tomatoes, shallots and butter
    My goal pic...

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Restarting here I go... I've got to get back on the bandwagon but having a very difficult time getting through carb flu. I'm so incredibly tired. When I have slept I have amazingly weird dreams and I don't think that is helping me feel rested. My blood pressure was a little better, but it still has a ways to go to where it was at its best. I can tell the sex drive is back a little; another indication I must be eating better too.

I need to get over my nervousness to try to cook with the almond and coconut flours. I've also got xanthum gum, guar gum, and bean flour so I should have a good start on primal needs along w/ some really good olive oil and lots of butter; I do love real butter. I think tonight or tomorrow I will try cooking the zuchini and yellow squash I have with some chicken...that sounds yummy...in BUTTER! Maybe with some red peppers and onion too...
    My goal pic...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast