Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Torn Rotator Cuff: Should I wait it out or get the minimally invasive surgery? page 6

morganpmiller is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    If it is a minimal partial tear, I would wait. I would do all the beneficial therapy and exercise possible. You may also want to consider trying PRP(platelet rich plasma therapy). If you have the money, there is a place called Regenex in Colorado doing hip bone marrow stem cell treatments. There may be a qualified doctor in your area doing these, but it's not likely. I think there is a doctor or two doing the stem cell treatments in the D.C. area where I live, but I am not 100 percent sure. I just know that a doctor that did some PRP for me was trained and certified to do it but had not started yet because he was waiting till he could find a way to make it cheaper. That was almost 4 years ago. I bet he is doing it now.

adenosin is offline Junior Member
    I went trhoug the whole thread... frightened!!!

I have some sholder pain from las July: I was given 30 electrotheraphy, 1 cortisone injection .... and still hurts.

What I want to ask is, as for exercise, what regime do you follow? As for myself, 2/3 d/w I make some specific work for external rotators (lying curls, band pull apart, cuban press), medial (lateral raises) and back deltoids (back flies), trap shrugs, shoulder stabilization (turkish get ups) and internal rotators streching.

Any more?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456