Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Torn Rotator Cuff: Should I wait it out or get the minimally invasive surgery? page 4

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Never heard of Biosync, so looked it up. I didn't see any practitioners in the Philadelphia area. The description reminded me a bit of Rolfing which I did do, with some temporary relief; and wish I had tried earlier before the irritation became a tear. I had had little pain for several days, then yesterday, I did a bit of vacuuming and by evening was really hurting.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Satori75 is offline Member
    BioSync is much more powerful than Rolfing.. With BioSync, they are using their elbow as the tool, but use their chi to actually go in and release the memory of the injury in the body. I had a back issue for 20 years and had no permanent relieve. Tried rolfing, accupuncture, massage, voltaren gel, etc..... The Bio Sync healer out here in Vegas, healed my back completely! Now he is healing my neck and knee... I had a lot of injuries from 19 years of martial arts.... I can not advocate Bio Sync enough, it saved me from neck surgery! Might be worth a trip to Vegas brother! Look up Glenn Hall online, here in Vegas, studied directly under the man who created it! He actually used to be a rolfer too!! Wish you a speedy healing!

Decided to go ahead with surgery on Feb. 1 after a several days of increasing pain. I had hoped to wait it out to spring, but now I'm afraid of frozen shoulder or a more complete separation of tear. I've done all I can in checking out the doctors, etc, and just hope that having a good primal diet will help with the healing and rehab. Will keep you posted.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

lolov is offline Senior Member
    Best of luck to you. Please feel free to ping me on here if you need to vent or anything. I know it's totally different for each person, but I'm happy to help you in any way. I have to say, I'm SO glad I did surgery. The pain I had trying to do crazy things like putting on a coat ;-) made it totally worth it.

My main advice. DO YOUR REHAB. DO IT RELIGIOUSLY. And be patient.

I wish you well!

Lo

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    Decided to go ahead with surgery on Feb. 1 after a several days of increasing pain. I had hoped to wait it out to spring, but now I'm afraid of frozen shoulder or a more complete separation of tear. I've done all I can in checking out the doctors, etc, and just hope that having a good primal diet will help with the healing and rehab. Will keep you posted.
    Good luck!

Stu
    Stu is offline Member
    You made the right decision, work hard on your rehab and you'll be glad you did it.

Suse is offline Senior Member
    yeah to the rehab... i'm sure if I had been far more religious about doing my exercises my frozen shoulder wouldnt have started to freeze again...

Two days post surgery. Rooted in a recliner with an ice water cuff over my right shoulder, pumping regularly-- a wonderful device. If I had to choose between this cuff and pain pills, I would choose the cuff hands down. As I am right handed, having to do eveything with my left is challenging, but so far getting most things done w/o too much trouble. My beloved makes everything easier, I can't imagine doing this solo. Got sick from hydrocodone yesterday-- major rebound headache, nausea,etc, which seems strange considering it is pain med, but apparently a common side effect. Feeling much better today, *and only needed one pain pill. Sleeping 2-3 hours now and then in recliner, not hungry, but getting lots of mineral water and green tea. *Got my i-gadgets, books-- re-reading Primal Blueprint-- and cat, so all things considered, I'm doing quite well. All the good advice about clothing, etc, has helped a great deal.
    Last edited by Digby; 02-03-2011 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Odd marks appeared

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Digby View Post
    Two days post surgery. Rooted in a recliner with an ice water cuff over my right shoulder, pumping regularly-- a wonderful device. If I had to choose between this cuff and pain pills, I would choose the cuff hands down. As I am right handed, having to do eveything with my left is challenging, but so far getting most things done w/o too much trouble. My beloved makes everything easier, I can't imagine doing this solo. Got sick from hydrocodone yesterday-- major rebound headache, nausea,etc, which seems strange considering it is pain med, but apparently a common side effect. Feeling much better today, *and only needed one pain pill. Sleeping 2-3 hours now and then in recliner, not hungry, but getting lots of mineral water and green tea. *Got my i-gadgets, books-- re-reading Primal Blueprint-- and cat, so all things considered, I'm doing quite well. All the good advice about clothing, etc, has helped a great deal.
    I'm glad the surgery is behind you. I weaned myself off the pain pills as soon as I could. Too many side effects for me. You should be starting PT soon I would think? Here's hoping for a smooth recovery!

Four weeks later, and I'm getting some decent range of motion, and expect to be 100% in a few more weeks. The therapist is a gem. My main trouble is sleeping, since when you relax the muscles holding the rotator cuff relax and some strain will be felt if I get on my side. Still, it's been tolerable. My caution to you young un's, take it easy on your back and joints. Eventually, they can give out.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast