Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Torn Rotator Cuff: Should I wait it out or get the minimally invasive surgery? page 3

Stu
    Stu is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Voltaren is prescription here in the states. But everyone that I've met that has used it, said it works really well.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Voltaren is prescription here in the states. But everyone that I've met that has used it, said it works really well.
    I take generic Voltaren, diclofenac sodium and it has stopped being effective for me. Infind I need to switch out my NSAIDS every so often te reboot them. This week I'm taking old fashioned aspirin with pretty decent results.

Stu
    Stu is offline Member
    Just be careful with how much NSAID's you take, they can wreak havoc on your liver if you overdo them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu View Post
    Just be careful with how much NSAID's you take, they can wreak havoc on your liver if you overdo them.
    I wish I could live without them but I can't, I have my bloodwork checked every 4 months. I'm working with an MD to try to transition to alternatives but have not seen much benefit after a month.

Abu Reena is offline Senior Member
    I had what the MRI showed as a partial labral tear and a partial RC tear. When the doc went in with the arthroscope, it turned out that the labrum was holding on by a thread and the RC was torn through about 70%, so he completed the tear and repaired it.

Unless this is a minor tear and not giving you much grief, surgery is inevitable. PT and anti-inflammatories won't do much. By the time I opted for the surgery, I couldn't sleep through the night and every time I rolled over on my shoulder, I woke up. I too had excellent ROM, but the pain ultimately was too much.

Rehab sucked. 6 weeks in a sling, with PT starting a few days after surgery. But I'm two years post-op and much stronger than I was before.

HonuRacer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JBGrokerty View Post
    Do watch out for "frozen shoulder" (aka "adhesive encapsulation", you can google it). It can accompany any shoulder injury, sets in for no apparent reason -- that is to say, sometimes someone gets it, while someone else with exact same injury does not
    My sister had the frozen shoulder. Her right rotator cuff was torn during a scooter accident. She needed surgery to fix the tear. She had 2 more surgeries to deal with the frozen shoulder problem. Still no improvement to this day.

Digby is offline Senior Member
    I was with a group of friends a couple days ago, and one, a popular psychologist in our area with a busy practice, said that he heard more about rotator cuff injuries than any other physical complaint, and encouraged me to get the surgery. I can't imagine what we are doing that is bringing this on, since by and large we are less physical in our work. At any rate, I'm resigned to the surgery, but want to wait for warmer weather to make clothing easier. If it gets worse, of course, I'll do what I have to, but I'm still mystified that this has become such a common injury. You'd think we were all a bunch of lumberjacks!
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Satori75 is offline Member
    Before you consider the surgery, try Bio Sync.... Check it out on line.... Of form of healing that is very powerful... Saved hundreds of people from the surgery.....

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    Where do you live? I'd love to try it.

I got a sample of a prescription topical antiinflammatory Pennsaid (same active ingredient as Voltaren), that was a liquid and it did not help at all. Also technically not for hips.
    Sorry for the delay in replying, we've been a bit mad here with the floods all round us (we are on the Qld/NSW border). I can buy it over the counter here in Australia, it mau be a prescription medication for the US. But it does work. I don't know how you'd go using it constantly, I need it a couple of times a month at the most frequent and it works a treat.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
    Sorry for the delay in replying, we've been a bit mad here with the floods all round us (we are on the Qld/NSW border). I can buy it over the counter here in Australia, it mau be a prescription medication for the US. But it does work. I don't know how you'd go using it constantly, I need it a couple of times a month at the most frequent and it works a treat.
    I might just need to schedule a trip to visit a great friend in NSW...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast