Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keto Sticks

Keto Sticks

Shop Now
    Hi everybody. I have eaten a paleo diet for 4 days now. So far so good. I am suprisingly not having a hard time with the diet. I am having a hard time with the workouts. I went for a light run last night and found that keeping my heart rate in the 55-75% range is hard. I live in NJ so I cant run outside so I did 45 min on a treadmill at about a 5 mile an hour pace. I usually run at a 7.5 min mile pace and and 85% heart rate range It was really hard to not push myself.
    My question is regarding the Keto Sticks. I bought some yesterday to see if this was actually working. The sticks did not change color. Does it take a certain amount of time to use fat as your energy source? Are the sticks not a good measurment. How else can I tell if this is working?
    My diet is this ...
    Breakfast - 3 hardboiled eggs
    Lunch- Salad- grilled chicken,avacado,bacon pieces, cucumber, tomatoes, red peppers, beats, apples, broccoli, bean sprouts, almonds. Dressing is olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
    Dinner- Vegtables and meat, usually pork, chicken or steak.
    Snack--- Almonds,raw
    Any advice would be very helpful thanks!

You are probably not in ketosis. How many carb grams are you having?

Typically around 3-5 days, but everyone is different. How many carbs are you taking in? From your diet it looks like it could be quite a bit, depending on how big those servings of vegetables are?
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

Maybe I am consuming too many carbs. I may be overdoing it with the avocado's and tomoatoes. Isnt it still possible to burn fat as long as I am not eating grains hence spking glucose levels? My insulin levels should be fine, I feel great, never crash after a meal. I do think I am consuming to many calories though.

Quote Originally Posted by taffy View Post
    How else can I tell if this is working?
    You feel better. Look better. Clothes are looser. You have more energy. Lots of ways other then keto sticks.
    Heather and the hounds - Make a Fast Friend, Adopt a Greyhound!

I use ketosticks but I use them with a grain of salt... (not literally)... it's more like a daily reminder to keep my carbs down it's also a way to tell how my body reacts to certain foods...
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Hallowprice.... Will the sticks still change color if you are drinking a lot of water and your urine is clear?

Hallowprice.... Will the sticks still change color if you are drinking a lot of water and your urine is clear?
    i keep quoting lyle today. here's a good post re: keto sticks:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/nut...-ratio-qa.html

i'd highly suggest exploring that site - it has a ton of good information on it.

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

After using them for a while you get to know what and how they will react... Do a test, see red, eat a bowl of pasta and pee again in an hour and see it not change whatsoever... they are quite interesting but Batty has provided good information
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Shop Now
    Thank you Batty, that article is great. It answered a lot of my questions.