Thread: Primal outing? -- In between Chicago and Rockford page

primalfitter Guest

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post this, but there was a recent post reporting on the results of a Primal Outing held in the Pacific Northwest. I thought that was a great idea.

Who is interested in participating in something like that in the non-Pacific Midwest ?

Zach

darienx19 is offline Senior Member

I'm for it! I'm in St Louis, but wouldn't mind the trip, would have to be on a saturday though.

Last weekend some friends and I went to Elephant Rock State Park here in Missouri and had a blast. There are huge rocks you can climb and forest to traverse... Any good parks in Illinois?

I'm up for anything though, even if it's someone's back yard. It would be great to get in touch with primal people that are even semi-local.

Agnieszka Guest

Great idea. Count me in.

Starved Rock (1,5 hour west of Chicago) isn't bad. (Though nothing here will beat the Pacific Northwest.)

Jenni39 is offline Junior Member

Yes! I'm just south of Rockford and I'd love to get to know some Midwestern Groks!

primalfitter Guest

Starved Rock sounds like a great idea. I don't know the area very well but what better way to learn?!

primalfitter Guest

i've created an email specifically for this outing. if you are interested we can keep everyone informed by communitcating through chicagogrokouting@thesketchcomedy.com.

bring a friend

bring a dish

bring a frisbee

bring a bag of doritos and we can give it a viking funeral on the illinois river

starved rock it is then?

well, just email and away we go!

zach

garthola Guest

Count us in Zach! Good job

Huckabay Clan

primalfitter Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

we've gotten some good responses. thanks everybody! i will be telling my friends at CrossFit Fire about this too!

i'm thinking october 17th, 24rd, or November 7th. i will be getting the dates organized through the chicagogrokouting@thesketchcomedy.com email so if you have replied to that, look forward to more info!

zach