Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Petite Females out there? page

filet is offline Junior Member

Any Petite Females out there?

Primal Fuel
    Hi, total Newbie still reading the PB but really want to start full swing tomorrow. I am 5'2" 110 pounds, pretty good shape, lift twice a week, in my 40's. Need to ditch the belly fat. Would love an idea of what petite females eat in a day, sample menu plan, any help while I finish the book? I think I am making this too complicated and could use some help.

ALso, does excess coffee increase hunger or contribute to fat storage? I love it and drink a bunch, then overinduldge later in the day..

Thanks for any input.

eraserheadgirl Guest
    I'm a newbie, too. 5'3 115lbs., also need to lose belly fat. Also have the same questions about coffee, since my husband manages an organic coffee shop, we drink the best stuff- and tons of it

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    I'm not what I would call petite 5'6" /126 but other folks have called me that...

Also in my 40s and what I am seeing is that low carb is the way to go--for me at least. I've been Primal for 2 months and the fat is dropping off very slowly at 60-70 gm of carb/day, so I am dropping down to 20 for a couple of weeks to see if that speeds things up.

Somewhere I read that caffeine can cause a rise in blood sugar/insulin spike. If true (it seems to be for me) then I would imagine it could contribute to fat storage. I drink black tea with cream to deal with this.

Here's what I ate today.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Tiny little thing here. 5'2", 120 lb, small framed.
    Coffee does one of two things to me: makes me not hungry AT ALL, or makes me ravenous all day. No middle ground. The caffeine content, without any caloric content, I believe is what does it, at least for me.
    Typical day for me (mind you, I've been ding this for nearly a year and avoid dairy)
    Dinner: meat and veggie ( 1/2 lb meat, 1-2 c veggie, cooked or raw, butter or vinaigrette or fatty sauce on the veggies). This can be in a curry, as spag sauce and veggies, steak and salad,... yadayadayada
    Dessert: fruit (cherries, berries, yadayada), fat, nuts, and something with protein (lately its been egg crepes)
    Later snack (2-3 hrs after dinner): 1/2 serving chocolate.
    I don't eat breakfast or lunch simply because I'm not hungry for them. I do body weight exercise and go for a walk during lunch instead. I try to stay above 50g carbs, but that's because I have hypothyroidism.
    Typical breakdown (I cycle between these extreme every few days in the form of low, low, low, high naturally)
    Low Day
    cal: 600-900
    carbs: 20-40g
    Protein: 60ish g
    Fat: 50- 60g
    High Day
    cal: 1800-2500
    carbs: 40- 80g
    Protein: 120 ish g
    Fat: 100-140g
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

QuirkyPixy is offline Senior Member
    5'1" and 95 lbs here; I'm mighty small. I usually eat a beef + broccoli stir fry with coconut oil and butter or fried Omega 3 eggs with veggies for breakfast, steamed leafy greens and veggies with canned wild salmon and olive oil for lunch, and some sort of meat (lamb, pork or chicken) with steamed veggies and butter for dinner. I occasionally snack on shredded coconut, carrots, or blueberries blended with coconut milk. I go through 2 lbs of grass-fed ground beef, 1 lb of other meat, 3 cans of fish, 1 lb of butter, two large bunches of greens and about 5 bags of frozen veggie mixes per week.
    Last edited by QuirkyPixy; 01-06-2011 at 06:42 PM.
    * Pixy's Quest for Regaining Health *
    Trying to gain weight, clear scarring acne, and fix thyroid and digestive issues with primal lifestyle- here goes something!

lizch is offline Senior Member
    5ft 2.5" (those .5" matter at our height, right?!!) and 107lbs. Far less exercise than I used to get when I weighed more, and have maintained this weight for 3 months without any trouble.

Today:
    Breakfast: 2 slices bacon, 1 egg, 1/2 onion, 5 cherry tomatoes, handful spinach
    Lunch: Left over lamb stew
    Dinner: Cod breaded in almond flour and sauted in butter. Salad. Home made tomato soup. Glass of red wine.

Through the day: coconut milk in my tea/coffee; 10 almonds; 1 oz dark choc.

It was a fairly typical day, except that sometimes I don't eat lunch.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

syzchan is offline Member
    I've found that 14-16/10-8 (give or take) fasting/eating cycles really helps to lose that belly fat. I try to keep it to 2 meals for most day, wherein the first is really more of a snack and then one huge meal, keeping carbs between 50-75. Carbs are from veggies/fruits/nuts/dark chocolate. Clean meats, minimal condiments.

batty is offline Senior Member
    here's an excellent article on caffeine and weight control:

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/res...ch-review.html

HANDS OFF MY BACON :: my primal journal

Atlas is offline Member
    This is an interesting thread. I find that I need quite a bit more food than many other people of similar size. You'll probably have to try various things while you're getting started until you find what works best for you.

I'm 5'3"-5'4" and weigh around 95. I'm trying to gain both lean mass as well as body fat. I seem to require 2,000-2,500 calories a day just to maintain that weight.
    I eat a minimum of:
    100 g fat
    150-200 g carbohydrates (not fully primal, I know, but I've been quite active)
    100 g protein.
    It seems hard to get this much in the form of "real food" or meals, though, so I end up eating a lot of supplemental things like whey protein, coconut oil, nutritional yeast, hemp seed, and flax seed.
    Last edited by Atlas; 01-07-2011 at 06:40 AM.

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    I'm 5'3" and a muscular 115 lbs. Small build. Age 32. Primal for18 months or so.

I eat a lot for my size. Always have.

LATELY, I've been eating less than usual because I'm IFing 18+ hours every day and only getting in two meals. Once my shoulder heals and I get back to my usual amount of heavy lifting, instead of these bloody "modified" workouts, I'll probably need to eat more. Right now, my days look like this:

Morning -- coffee. 4 cups (8-oz cups, that is, not mugs). Then I switch to green/red tea. My experience is that caffiene blunts appetitie, rather than increasing it, unless I drink too much and get shaky.

Break-fast at around 2pm -- 2 cups or so of greens, 4 oz tuna, a few olives, some pickle and onion, and dressing of fish oil, olive oil, potassium salt, balsamic, and herbs.

Dinner at around 7pm -- Last night was keema (Indian ground lamb) with sweet potatoes roasted in coconut oil. The night before was ground beef curry. The night before that was a company dinner of (grain-free) pork enchiladas, Mexican salad with grilled onions and pineapple, and avocado. The night before that was pulled pork over roasted acorn squash. The night before that was lamb chops and roasted brussels sprouts, carrots, and cauliflower.

When I'm on my full (and rather intense) workout schedule, I typically IF 14-16 hours per day, then eat a salad for break-fast, dinner leftovers for lunch, and a meat-and-veggies dinner.

Calories range from 1200-3000 depending on activity level. I just eat when I'm hungry and don't worry about volume. I like being very lean, so I do keep carbs under 100g -- sometimes well under (say, 40g) and usually around 60-80g.
    Last edited by BarbeyGirl; 01-07-2011 at 07:04 AM.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast