Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast

Thread: Worldwide Pull Up Challenge of 2011 Who's In? page 9

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    yes, it will work.

Paleobird Guest
    Hey Fellow Pull Up Challenged,

I was thinking it would be good for everybody to do a check in saying where they are right now on the road to a real pull up. Just for the record so we can look back on this this time next year.

Example. Me. I can do four sets of ten of the level 1 (2 leg assisted) but they are way TOO assisted. I just got a set of Woody bands and am fumbling around with them.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Good idea Paleobird..

I can do 2 x 20 reps of level 4 assisted (my quads get sore so I know it's very assisted!).
    I can do 2 x 20 reps of the Australian pull-up when the bar is at about nipple height.

I cannot do a negative, I fall like a stone

MJinLV is offline Senior Member
    Haven't even tried. I started PBF a few months ago, and due to some health issues, only completed two weeks worth. I just skipped the pull up section, thinking I would get a bar later and work up to it.

I did go shopping today trying to find a pull up bar that seemed sturdy and affordable. There is one more sports equipment store I want to hit tomorrow, then I will make my decision and get one.

Honestly, I have the upper body strength of a 3-year-old, so I may be the last one of the group to accomplish the goal. But I WILL get there.
    Food should be fun--Thomas Keller

Roberta is offline Senior Member
    I will pay attention tomorrow for my p90x workout. It is back and chest. back is all about different kinds of pullups. I have been messing around with different ways to work up to a pullup. I am doing this: Lat pulldowns to the front, australian pullups, negatives, I have tried jump and hold, and just a plain pullup (1 inch stretch ;-)), ha ha.. Hey I am going to get there one way or another. Unfortunately my bar isn't really high enough to do a chair assist, but I don't think that is necessary. I will report numbers tomorrow, if I can get it together and find time to post. I have been having a hard time finding time lately.

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    I'm in! My goals for this year are real pull ups and real push ups. Then it's time to work on muscle ups!

Paleobird Guest
    Forgive me if this is a silly question but..............could somebody please tell me what is an Australian Pull Up?

spughy is offline Senior Member
    It's a pullup performed from DOWN UNDER the bar. Hee.

It's basically an inverted row - use a bar that's lower, anywhere from chest to waist height, grip with an overhand grip, get yourself in position so you're hanging underneath straight it with your heels on the ground, kind of an upside-down plank, and pull your chest towards the bar.

OR hang straps (or belts) from the bar so they're at the right height and hang onto those, if you can't lower your pullup bar.

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    http://www.alkavadlo.com/2010/01/all...lian-pull-ups/

This is a link to Al Kavadlo's website where I first learned about Aussie Pull-ups. He has some great information on this site and lots about how to work up to a real pull-up.

Paleobird Guest
    Har. I get it.

But that sounds like it would really be working more on the push up muscles not the back muscles you need for pull ups. Hmmmm

Page 9 of 67 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast