Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: Worldwide Pull Up Challenge of 2011 Who's In? page 6

el_barto is offline Junior Member
    I'm in!! I think I'll need to lose about 30 pounds to even come close so it might not be until 12/31.

katydid317 is offline Senior Member
    I'm in too! I've had my pull-up bar for months and have made almost no progress. I haven't touched it in weeks now. Can anyone give me some pointers for starting?

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    A couple of ideas - I'm not an expert but Al Kavadlo seems to be MIA this week - you might try to do an assisted variation that you can do 4 or 5 of in a row for a while, because that amount of strain is less likely to injure you and so that you can get in your "volume". That might just be 5 reps of 30 seconds of hanging with your shoulders tucked back for a while.
    Also, if you can get a hold of some gymnastics rings, you can do inverted rows at various degrees of difficulty that work most of the same muscles. Everyone can do some version of an inverted row.

spughy is offline Senior Member
    I don't think you even need gymnastics rings - two leather belts fastened around the pullup bar ought to work.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    I can do a decline pullup fairly slowly until I get to near the bottom, where I'm relying mostly on my shoulders. At that point, I fall like a brick. Which explains why I can do the majority of a pull up if I can elevate myself enough to get past that point.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

redhead is offline Junior Member
    Hey, thanks for coming to find me! I'm very excited to get on board with this, and super excited to do my first pull up

DagnyT is offline Junior Member
    Count me in! This was already at the top of my fitness goals for this year.

I can do several assisted pull ups, but not even half of one unassisted. I use a band at the gym, a chair at home.
    I am Cavewoman, hear me GRUNT!
    http://horndivaxtal.blogspot.com/

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    negatives are also a great way to go. just be sure that your stepstool can put you up high enough to be at the top, and the lower yourself down *slowly*. in fact, as slowly as you can is a good idea.

Minxxa is offline Senior Member
    Okey doke, I'm in! We hadn't put up our pullup bar at this house yet because somehow in the move the brackets got lost. So hubs is going to buy me a new one tomorrow and put it up for me!

I'm going to add it into my workouts next week... starting with the negative ones. I'd LOVE to be able to do them!!
    "Boy I got vision and the rest of the world is wearing bifocals" - Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm gonna try the leather belts!
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast