Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Worldwide Pull Up Challenge of 2011 Who's In? page 31

Dagny is offline Member
    I'm late to the game, but I'm in! I've been trying and trying at Crossfit for months now, I've been moving down band sizes doing assisted pull-ups, but I'm not there yet.

Paleobird Guest
    Great! Welcome to the team. We are 58 strong! Emphasis on the STRONG!

gunn parker is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I think I speak for the others though in thanking you for your interest and asking if you would be willing to share any training tips or other information that helped you get this far. Those who follow in your footsteps would appreciate any guidance you could offer along the way.
    Hi and thanks.
    I can tell you all how I got started in pullups.
    I have a pullup bar outside on my patio and what I did was to put a chair just at the back of the bar, with the seat section facing the bar.

Then I would hang from the bar and bend my knees and place my insteps on the seat, then as I pulled up with my arms I could also push down with my feet at the same time.

If you have some free weights at home you could also try to do some upright rows or bent over rows to help build your lats.

upright row with bar.

bent over row with water bottle.

Good luck everyone.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Check out the list on page 3.
    I changed the settings so that more replies are displayed per page, so for instance this topic is only 8 pages for me, I hate having to go through many pages especially since I mostly post from work. I don't see my girl on the list, but no worries! she doesn't know she's a part of it so it's all good.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by iniQuity View Post
    I changed the settings so that more replies are displayed per page, so for instance this topic is only 8 pages for me, I hate having to go through many pages especially since I mostly post from work. I don't see my girl on the list, but no worries! she doesn't know she's a part of it so it's all good.
    Oh. I put her on the list as "Iniquity's Girlfriend". If she would like to have her own name listed or a handle, let me know.

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Hi, LEM. Good to see you up and about. Rest until the doctor says it's OK, OK? I know I sound maternal. We just don't want you straining anything.
    Hey, sometimes maternal advice is just what a girl needs! Thanks for the support, I'll be good.
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Twibble is offline Senior Member
    I now have a pull-up bar. It will get installed either tonight or tomorrow night. I picked that one because, even though it has to screw into the doorway, it can be used for Australian pull-ups as well.

And apparently me asking BS if it's alright if I get one that screws into the doorway does not imply that he should tell me that he has his doubts about doing it on ours in the apartment.

*sigh*
    Most people don't realize how much energy it takes for me to pretend to be normal.

If I wanted to listen to an asshole, I'd fart.

Twibble's Twibbly Wibbly

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Iniquity’s girlfriend progress report: This morning my baby and I had a workout that SHE suggested. My heart skipped a beat, this is a girl that loves staying warm in bed while I get up and do whatever workout I had devised that morning.

She wanted to start with Australian pull-ups with bent knees for her, legs straight for me. We did 3 sets, her numbers were: 10, 8 and 8, the last set I had her hold it at the top for one count. She also did it with her palms in, but whatever helps her get the reps for now is fine by me.

Next we did push ups, on her knees she did 17!! I was like how the hell can you not do a full push up? She said she can, sort of, but her wrists kinda hurt. I also did 17 full push ups. For our second set I suggested she lift one leg up and keep one knee down. She did 10 of these, then another set but switching legs. I told her she’s stronger than she thinks.

Then she wanted to work on negatives while I did full pull ups. Ladies… watch out for my girl her negatives are strong! She’s slowed them down a lot, it takes her about 5-6 seconds to descend using a neutral grip (the pegs that stick out, so it’s definitely easier than pull up grip but still counts!) and I even had her stop a few times at the L part and just hold on.

I fore-see in a few weeks she’ll get her first positive rep. I took a video of her last negative to compare down the road. I’m very pumped for her progress! And she’s very motivated as well and has begun doing some work almost daily. I don’t worry about her ever getting too deep with working out to the point where I’d have to stop her, so, so far so good!

Keep training.

AnarchoGrok is offline Senior Member
    I am in...

I have never been able to do a pull up and this is the year will be the year.

inquisitiveone is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Iniquity, I have a question for you (and for anyone else who'd like to chime in): I do martial arts, and told my sensei about my pullup goal the other day. She said she doesn't normally recommend isolated muscle exercise, but for me she thought doing bicep curls—slowly and with a decent amount of weight—would help me gain strength. What do you think? Is that worth adding to my regimen (which right now is negatives, which are still too fast; and two-leg assisted positives)?

Page 31 of 67 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast