Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: Worldwide Pull Up Challenge of 2011 Who's In? page 26

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey guys, sorry I'm kinda late with this one. Put another quick video together, it addresses:

- hand placement // difference between chin ups and pull ups
    - how to use elastic bands (is this the same as woody bands?) and pvc pipe to fashion a pull up bar as Paleobird suggested
    - one arm elastic band work, I personally found it to be too easy with two hands and I believe you guys might find it too easy as well.

Don't forget to mix the grip like Jenny said, one palm can face you and the other can face away from you, you can even just hang this way and get your hands used to the weight.

and that's it. I have a lot of fun making these, this was just one straight take and the camera work is beyond lame so just bear with, at least it's not as dark as the one before.

Also, I'm totally being a little silly on this one, and I hope nobody finds it offensive, I don't really think it is but you never know...

Any questions or clarifications just ask. I just realized that coming up with a "how to start" video is easily found on the web so just use the PBF for that, I might still make one in the future. Hope this helps.

Hil
    Hil is offline Member
    iniquity, that video says it's private. I think you're awesome for posting these btw
    28 yrs, 5'8.5"
    started primal 1/23/11 @ 143 lbs, couldn't do a knee pushup
    3/13/11 138 lbs, 30 knee pushups, yeah!

Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    iniquity, that video says it's private. I think you're awesome for posting these btw
    I thought it would still play, but I changed the setting, thanks and IniQuity is all about the ladies so don't thank me, thank yourselves.

Hil
    Hil is offline Member
    Cool. I like the jerry-rigged band bar. I will probably have to stick with my ax handle on shelf brackets jobbie that i have for now, which is fine. If i ever have your ease with pullups iniquity, i will be quite the badass chica.
    THE GOAL - ONE PUSHUP AND ONE PULLUP and then the world is mine
    28 yrs, 5'8.5"
    started primal 1/23/11 @ 143 lbs, couldn't do a knee pushup
    3/13/11 138 lbs, 30 knee pushups, yeah!

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    didn't you have a baby recently? rock on!
    Yep, she's two months old now! Thanks. I'm still dealing with a busted-open incision, but the doc said I could exercise so... okaaay... heheh.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    my recommendation would be to focus on your "core"
    Thanks for all the advice! I'm doing other exercises for my core too. (planks etc.)

Yeah iniQuity, woody bands are elastic bands. I can't watch that right right now but I definitely will watch with Optimus later tonight. Thank you in advance for the vid!
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

Quote Originally Posted by Hil View Post
    Cool. I like the jerry-rigged band bar. I will probably have to stick with my ax handle on shelf brackets jobbie that i have for now, which is fine. If i ever have your ease with pullups iniquity, i will be quite the badass chica.
    THE GOAL - ONE PUSHUP AND ONE PULLUP and then the world is mine
    It just takes dedication and time, go on youtube, type in "girl pull ups" or "women pull ups" and see how many women are out there doing them with ease after months of practice, many are doing them with extra weight strapped on their bodies! so it's very much attainable even if progress is slow.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Very interesting and helpful and doable, iniQuity.

I'm not sure how Rivvin is ever going to be able to top that hat.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

Quote Originally Posted by TigerLily View Post
    Very interesting and helpful and doable, iniQuity.

I'm not sure how Rivvin is ever going to be able to top that hat.
    I'm really curious how the elastic bands would work so if you guys try it let me know. I'm going to ask my gf to give them a whirl. Oh and I have one more hat if Rivvin steps up.

Jenny is offline Senior Member
    Great video! I can see how that would be good practice. But -- I take back what I said before. This is what I mean by bands:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TindO...eature=related
    "Trust me, you will soon enter a magical land full of delicious steakflowers, with butterbacons fluttering around over the extremely rompable grass and hillsides."

inquisitiveone is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I'd like to join. I think I did 10 two-leg assisted pullups last time I tried ... probably with too much leg assistance. I haven't tried negatives or even just hanging yet.

Page 26 of 67 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast