Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Worldwide Pull Up Challenge of 2011 Who's In? page 19

runningwild is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    i went to the gym yesterday and after reading about pullups here i decided i want to be able to do some... I cant!

I'm in for the challenge - will let you know when i can do one

Nik
    Nik is offline Member
    Still not much progress for me, been doing negative chin-ups....can't even do a hold for pull-ups. I actually didn't know the difference until a few posts ago.

But.......I just bought me some Woody Bands online.....can't wait til they get here! I hope these will help me progress faster!!!

Paleobird Guest
    Hi fellow pull-up challenged,
    Sorry, I've been tied up for a couple of days on jury duty (such fun!). kandc88 and runningwild, I just got you added to the list. The team now stands at 45.

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Well I'm having a bit of success! I can now get my nose over the bar! Thats a couple inches better than the last test I gave myself! Woot!

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
    Well I'm having a bit of success! I can now get my nose over the bar! Thats a couple inches better than the last test I gave myself! Woot!
    *Splutter!!* You're nearly there and it's still only January! You'll be doing sets of 10 before some of us can do even one!

Well done.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
    Woot indeed! Not that far from nose to chin. Keep at it.

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member
    Even assisted I'm having trouble getting my chin over where the bar would be. I was wondering if anyone has worked on one of these: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...1t:429,r:0,s:0 and if that may be why I'm having trouble.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Sorry, I'm a bit confused - do you mean you *are* using one of these, and think its design may be hampering your success in some way?

I was vaguely thinking of buying something similar (though a bit simpler, like this: http://www.dealsdirect.com.au/p/powe...aises/#reviews), but (a) I don't really have the space for it, and (b) I want to see that I'm actually making progress using just the very basic pull-up equipment I have before directing too much money and overenthusiasm at something like that. (My fitness history is littered with expensive mistakes that lay around the house and mocked me.)

What might the disadvantages be in using items like these?

kandc88 is offline Member
    Well, have to admit, didn't make any attempts this week. Taking the kids for a day of skiing Monday and didn't want to be sore, LOL. Back to the task mid-week!

Allbeef Patty is offline Senior Member
    Sigi, I am using that. The disadvantage is that the bar doesn't go all the way across. I don't know if the grip is too wide. It just feels like my body isn't mechanically capable of going much higher than I am, which I estimate at lip height.

Page 19 of 67 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast