Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast

Thread: Worldwide Pull Up Challenge of 2011 Who's In? page 16

Beastman is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I'm in. I haven't done an unassisted pullup since high school!

Paleobird Guest
    Great! I put you on the list. 39 and counting.

Does anybody have any experience working with Woody bands for assisted pull-ups? Are you supposed to put your knee or your foot on the end of the band?

Paleobird Guest
    I think I finally got the Woody Bands working right today. My pull up bar is higher than most because it hangs from an overhead trellis on my patio. What I needed was a sturdy step ladder to get up high enough to get my knee in the loop of the band without getting all twisted around. With the strongest band Woody makes, I can do about half a pull up, from hanging to arms at 90 degree angles. With one big toe on the step ladder plus that band I was able to get my chin over the bar.

My arms now feel like jello but that's a good thing, right?

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I think I finally got the Woody Bands working right today. My pull up bar is higher than most because it hangs from an overhead trellis on my patio. What I needed was a sturdy step ladder to get up high enough to get my knee in the loop of the band without getting all twisted around. With the strongest band Woody makes, I can do about half a pull up, from hanging to arms at 90 degree angles. With one big toe on the step ladder plus that band I was able to get my chin over the bar.

My arms now feel like jello but that's a good thing, right?
    Rock on jello arms, I`m right there with you! I did some assisted pull ups at the gym today, and some negatives. I feel AWESOME!
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Paleobird Guest
    Yep, I'm finding that the Woody Bands help with the negatives too. They help keep you from dropping like a rock while you build up some strength of your own.

It's feels good to be making some headway, seeing some improvement. A long way to go, but at least getting somewhere.

We've got 39 on board with the Challenge so far. Anyone else want in to make it 40? (The list is on page 3 if you want to check and see if a friend is in).

zoebird is online now Senior Member
    jelly arms is good. give it some rest for a few days, but before the soreness goes away, give it a go with a "shorter" version. we're just reminding what the body what it is you're doing.

spughy is offline Senior Member
    So I managed to get to the playground today and I can do negatives fine without dropping - can hold at the top for a while, drop over 10 seconds or so - I did a few and on the first one went halfway down and was able to pull up again maybe an inch? NEEEEED my pullup bar installed - husband did the car stereo on the weekend instead... it IS very nice having decent music in the car so I can't get too annoyed...

Meg-a-Tron is offline Senior Member
    I'm in! My goal is at least 1 unassisted chinup by the end of the year, and hopefully 1 pullup too.
    Stats: 5'6" female, 21 years young
    Starting Weight: 187 lbs (March 2010)
    Current Weight: 143 lbs (Oct 2011)
    Goal BF: 20%

Super D Omega 3 daily & BCAAs preworkout

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    When you are really sore, which goes away, try doing a super easy version of the exercise which made you sore, a few times as a stretch. It's the only thing that really relieves soreness - or a hard massage is good, but I think exercise is best.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg-a-Tron View Post
    I'm in! My goal is at least 1 unassisted chinup by the end of the year, and hopefully 1 pullup too.
    Welcome! You are number 40.

BTW your avatar picture is just TOO cute.

Page 16 of 67 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast