Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Worldwide Pull Up Challenge of 2011 Who's In? page 13

frances is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm in. Last year I did a Dragon Door pull-up seminar, about eight guys and five (crazy lean and muscular) women. I was the only person in the group that could not do a pull-up. It was extremely embarrassing. I haven't tried since then, but I believe I've lost15 pounds since then, and gained some muscle. Maybe I'll try again next time I'm at the gym.

We have one of those assisted pull-up machine things @ the gym. Going to try that a couple of times a week.

Is it too late for me to join? I'd love to get involved in this. I'm not entirely sure I've ever done a pull up! I won't be able to use a bar in the house but I have a tree in my front yard! :-)

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    i'm sure it isn't. just jump in!

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by frances View Post
    I'm in. Last year I did a Dragon Door pull-up seminar, about eight guys and five (crazy lean and muscular) women. I was the only person in the group that could not do a pull-up. It was extremely embarrassing. I haven't tried since then, but I believe I've lost15 pounds since then, and gained some muscle. Maybe I'll try again next time I'm at the gym.

We have one of those assisted pull-up machine things @ the gym. Going to try that a couple of times a week.
    The assisted machine is the worst way to get the pullup, you should do hanging, negatives, leg-on-chair, and other methods to practice. Seriously. Pullups are a full body exercise and that assist machine not only helps with the weight but removes the lower body component, making it an incomplete practice.

measure this stuff and make sure you are always pushing for more, always be trying to take it to the next level
    you need a "brett" with the stop watch and whistle then, like lucky Jemaine with his stationary bike.

Sigi is offline Senior Member
    Oh Sweet Jesus, are my rear delts and teres major *supposed* to hurt like this? F*@#!!

must be doing something. . .

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    The assisted machine is the worst way to get the pullup, you should do hanging, negatives, leg-on-chair, and other methods to practice. Seriously. Pullups are a full body exercise and that assist machine not only helps with the weight but removes the lower body component, making it an incomplete practice.
    Guess that means I should stop having my boyfriend help me! I got my pull-up bar yesterday, and tried 1-leg assisted with a chair. Tough, but was able to do about 8 with each leg (felt like I needed to balance it out). Tried negatives, but dropped very fast. Good and sore today! Glad I'm not the only one! Way to go Sigi!

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Well I think yesterdays workout was a step in the right direction! 100 pull-ups! with a 10 minute time limit. I got the last one in right on the 10 minute mark! Now of course I was using a band to help me cause I can't do even one by myself yet but that had to have done me SOME kind of good!

NourishedEm is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctiluca View Post
    Well I think yesterdays workout was a step in the right direction! 100 pull-ups! with a 10 minute time limit. I got the last one in right on the 10 minute mark! Now of course I was using a band to help me cause I can't do even one by myself yet but that had to have done me SOME kind of good!
    How do you find the resistance bands? I just ordered a set as I can't do one unassisted pull-up either.

Page 13 of 67 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast