Thread: Paleo living on NBC page

maba is offline Senior Member

Paleo living on NBC

Shop Now
    SassaFrass posted a message on FB about Paleo Living on NBC's Dateline last night. I saw the message only this morning. Did anyone catch the episode? How was it - was it an objective review of the lifestyle? Know where I can watch it? I don't think it's on Hulu yet.

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    I saw it- it was a segment on "Celebrity Weight Loss Secrets".
    They had some lame nutritionists rating different "fad" diets, including Paleo. They rated Paleo a "4" (on a scale of 1-10) because "modern people can't expect to eat like a caveman and not gain weight". Oh REALLY, lol!?
    It was fun to catch a glimpse of the NYC Paleo Meetup group, though!

barryman9000 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hazyjane View Post
    I saw it- it was a segment on "Celebrity Weight Loss Secrets".
    They had some lame nutritionists rating different "fad" diets, including Paleo. They rated Paleo a "4" (on a scale of 1-10) because "modern people can't expect to eat like a caveman and not gain weight". Oh REALLY, lol!?
    It was fun to catch a glimpse of the NYC Paleo Meetup group, though!
    I'm actually watching this now (DVR). The nutrition "experts" both said they liked it, and one gave "the caveman diet" a 4 out of 5. The nutritionist said "In today's world, you can't eat like a caveman, if you're sitting on the couch." I was bummed that Megan Fox is our celebrity.

My favorite was the raw food diet. One nutrition expert gave it a 0 one gave it a 5 (only because she said we don't eat enough fruit and veg, and this diet would increase the amount we eat - really poor logic there). But there was a woman in a restaurant saying she won't date because it requires going to regular restaurants. Haha, sucks for her!

lolov is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE=barryman9000;303572 But there was a woman in a restaurant saying she won't date because it requires going to regular restaurants. Haha, sucks for her![/QUOTE]

Me thinks she's got other issues... ;-)