Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I eat my eggs raw? page 2

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Primal Fuel

Salmonella comes from infected chickens and is in the egg as it is made. You are right, there are few cases of it showing up. But all restaurant Caesar dressing is made with pasteurized eggs; it comes in boxes. Regular eggs are not pasteurized.

Anyway, I have much bigger things to worry about. Remember, Cordain also advocates the use of canola oil, even brushing it onto meat before grilling. Yeah, no oxidation there.....

SerialSinner is offline Senior Member

Maba it would seem that the rawer, the closer to paleo and therefore the better. If you can rule out salmonella, go for it.

“Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” -Oscar Wilde
    "The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it." -George Bernard Shaw
    "The trouble with jogging is that the ice falls out of your glass." -Martin Mull

billman89 is offline Member

mark has an omelet a couple of times a week according to the book...

he seems just fine to me.

i think the oxidation thing is nothing to worry about.

maba is offline Senior Member

Thank you all for your insight, links, suggestions. I usually have my eggs scrambled or as omelettes. I must try the other "less-oxidizing" ways too.

OTB, Rest assured that I'm not going to switch to eating raw eggs by the dozen just because I happened to read this article. I've come across the oxidized cholesterol bit on other sites too before and I merely wanted to know more about it, that's all. May be my title was a bit alarmist.

Sally Fallon, on the WAPF site, recommends that pregnant women eat raw egg yolks in addition to cooked whole eggs.

It's food. It's not supposed to be religion.

Remember that link recently about a new psychological diagnosis about people fixating on food?

Well, plenty of examples right here.

Do your own research, the internet makes that so easy. Don't pay attention to fear factors, look for evidence of results. That's one reason I never got wound up about fats, way before discovering Primal. The evidence wasn't there. Don't forget, Fallon also is a booster of raw milk; we shouldn't even be drinking infant bovine food. Every alleged expert has blinders in some areas.

If someone can reasonably prove that "oxidized cholesterol" is harmful at the levels being consumed by a few eggs a day, I'll be listening.

Until then........

primal pete is offline Senior Member

once we arrive at a certain point...sometimes I wonder if the stress from worrying about these minor food details is doing more damage in itself than the food is if we just didn't worry so much...

LOL! Yes, raises those cortisol levels!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12