Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: coconut oil page 2

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Food IS religion. People will often believe anything someone tells them. Just like religion. They will believe things with all the evidence to the contrary. They will suffer in their choices because they think that makes them purer, (or closer to God.)

Why would anyone want to have an eating regimen that already pretty much excludes meat, if not completely, for an even less satisfying palette?

Passion is a poor marker for logic. In fact, they are in contradiction.

chocolatechip69 is offline Junior Member

Well, don't make me the bad guys here I was just trying to asnwer the original question.

paleo_piper is offline Junior Member

I second the suggestion of a warm water bath. Just run it under the tap or soak it in an immersion for a while. Coconut oil melts at 84F. That shouldn't be too hard to reach at all.

Or just move to the tropics. When I was a kid, our coconut oil was always liquid.

Coconut oil melts at 76 degrees, not 84. If it is higher than 76, it has been hydrogenated. Some are for things like cosmetics or soap.

My CO is liquid in the summertime, average house temp is 79 degrees. It's a gooey solid in the winter time, typical temp about 74 degrees.

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member

I'm in Sonoma County, which means my oil turns solid every night and liquid every day. So it's usually in a transitional semi-liquid state when I fix breakfast and dinner.

(It's sorta like that movie, Ladyhawke, when Michelle Pfieffer and Rutger Hauer get to see each other in human form for a brief moment before they turn into hawk or wolf.)

PapaG44 is offline Junior Member

I just got some in the mail after having gone two weeks without, using commercial "organic" butter instead. After a few spoonfuls I feel better already! The butter made me bloated and I generally did not have as much energy.

grandma is offline Member

you know the seasons are changing when the CO is white in the jar. My house will not be close to 76 this winter. I expect my CO to be like paraffin most of the winter. Can't wait! I love winter!

It's grandma, but you can call me sir.

Mick Guest

[quote]

Food IS religion
    </blockquote>

I realize you&#39;re just trolling the poor woman, but, no, it is not.

There&#39;s no agreed sociological definition for religion, but any beliefs that do not involve a belief in a supersensible reality cannot usefully be described as such.
    [quote]

People will often believe anything someone tells them. Just like religion. They will believe things with all the evidence to the contrary.
    </blockquote>

I thought that was party politics.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Well, I wasn&#39;t going to pull out my ace up the discussion sleeve, but my masters degree is in theology.

Trust me. Far more similar than dissimilar. Nothing to do with "supersensible reality." Yes, just like so much in politics, too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12