Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: eggs and autoimmunity page

jammies is offline Senior Member

eggs and autoimmunity

Primal Fuel
    Hi All;

I've been avoiding eggs, dairy, and nightshades in addition to following PB to treat my arthritis. Things have been going extremely well. I got the PB cookbook for my birthday and looking through it really made me realize how great it would be to add eggs back in.

Before just taking the experimental plunge on myself I was wondering if anyone here with autoimmune conditions has tried with and without eggs and what kind of impact you felt.

Or any thought in general on the role of eggs in promoting inflammation?

Thanks!

Balance is offline Senior Member
    Personally I do pretty well with eggs. But I don't consume large amounts of it on a consistent basis. I will have 3 eggs for breakfast 2 or 3 times a week. I know some people who would religiously eat 4-6 eggs per day every day, and would end up with some auto immune issues. But if you are doing fine with it a few times a week I would probably give it another try. My auto immune issues were allergies and IBS. Removing gluten and dairy was the key to getting rid of it for me. But eggs have never given me any problems.

My advice would be to start adding things back into your diet one by one to figure out what are the triggers for your arthritis. If the eggs seem to flare things up then you will know its a culprit.
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

Adrianag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post

Before just taking the experimental plunge on myself I was wondering if anyone here with autoimmune conditions has tried with and without eggs and what kind of impact you felt.

Thanks!
    I have bad osteoarthritis and did a Whole30 diet with no eggs, dairy or nightshades. Eggs was the first thing I added back and saw no difference. Adding eggs certainly dramatically improves dietary options, especially breakfast.

jennf is offline Senior Member
    I have a moderate intolerance to eggs so am giving them up for my Whole30. That will likely be the first thing I add back in as they make breakfast so much easier. However, rather than eating them every day I'll eat them a couple of times a week, to keep any autoimmune response to a minimum. That is, of course, assuming that I don't notice any negative effects when I add them back in to my diet.

Grizz is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Hi All;

I've been avoiding eggs, dairy, and nightshades in addition to following PB to treat my arthritis. Things have been going extremely well. I got the PB cookbook for my birthday and looking through it really made me realize how great it would be to add eggs back in.

Thanks!
    Think Vitamin D3 to prevent Autoimmune Disease. You need a minimum of 5,000 IU Daily to as much as 10,000 IU Daily. Whatever dosage you start with, get your blood tested in 2 months and adjust dosage as required to achieve 60 - 70 ng/ml.

See complete details & links in my Vitamin D report, below:
    Grizz

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    Think Vitamin D3 to prevent Autoimmune Disease. You need a minimum of 5,000 IU Daily to as much as 10,000 IU Daily. Whatever dosage you start with, get your blood tested in 2 months and adjust dosage as required to achieve 60 - 70 ng/ml.

See complete details & links in my Vitamin D report, below:
    Grizz
    I wish I could say that 5,000 iu Vitamin D has stopped the progression, or even better, resoved my osteoarthritis, but, after 18 months that is not the case .

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrianag View Post
    I wish I could say that 5,000 iu Vitamin D has stopped the progression, or even better, resoved my osteoarthritis, but, after 18 months that is not the case .
    You might need more D. Have you had your levels checked?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly View Post
    You might need more D. Have you had your levels checked?
    Yes, they went from 29 to 70 after one month of 5,000 iu D3.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Some people cannot take vitamin D. I recently started taking it and felt like I'd been hit be a truck and was even MORE exhausted. I just saw my new naturopath, and she told me to stop it immediately while she runs a test to see if my vitamin D receptor gene is misfiring and actually making things worse. Three days off it, and I already feel so much better. Just did 50 minutes of housework. No way could I have done that last week, while still on the D. Yay, my body is not attacking itself anymore. I will post more as I get all my lab results back. I will talk to my doctor about what percentage of the population has this anomaly in their vitamin D receptor gene and what can be done to heal it or work around it. Apparently, medical professionals are starting to see this in their practice because so many people have recently begun supping D, and so she just took a special workshop or advanced training of some sort on this issue.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

emmie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I avoid egg yolks because they're considered inflammatory, and I control the pain of my osteoarthritis with diet and exercise. But I eat eggwhites (like Eggbeaters) regularly and make omelets with them.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast