Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Too much fat? page

mac131124 is offline Junior Member

Too much fat?

I have been strictly doing the PB thing for 3 weeks now and love it! loosing inches and getting faster. I am an Infantryman so my lifestyle requires alot of calories. I usually get more than 2300 per day most all from meat (with the exception of bananas I love them). I have also recently discovered what a great pre and post work out snack bacon is.... With that said I am tracking that I take in more than 150g of fat each day. I know fat is good and the primary energy source, but is there such thing as too much fat?

Travis Culp is offline Junior Member
    The only way you would be eating too much is if you were displacing other nutrients as a result. Seems like you're doing OK though.

Griff is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mac131124 View Post
    I have been strictly doing the PB thing for 3 weeks now and love it! loosing inches and getting faster. I am an Infantryman so my lifestyle requires alot of calories. I usually get more than 2300 per day most all from meat (with the exception of bananas I love them). I have also recently discovered what a great pre and post work out snack bacon is.... With that said I am tracking that I take in more than 150g of fat each day. I know fat is good and the primary energy source, but is there such thing as too much fat?
    No such thing. 70% of your calories should be coming from fat every day.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Of course you'd say that Griff. I know you like your fat but some of us can't do too high fat.
    The amount of fat Mac is eating agrees with him so its a good level for him.
    Last edited by Sue; 01-06-2011 at 01:38 AM.

Bushrat is offline Senior Member
    If you eat too much fat you'll get loose stool. Since most of your fat is coming from meat then it'll be hard to overeat it. Your body instantly knows when its hard either enough meat or animal fat. You just don't feel like eating it, but you don't feel full in the traditional sense. Eating dairy is a good way to overeat fat because it doesn't create the same response. I'm not sure about coconut. Bacon is treated with salt and I guess it would be possible to overeat that since the taste of artifical salt can fool your body.

Balance is offline Senior Member
    I find it hard to take in too much fat. When your body gets enough fat it reaches a level of satiety and you won't really be hungry anymore. Our bodies are a lot more intelligent than we give it credit for. The only thing I can ever overreat is carbs. Thats why if you give most people a bag of chips or popcorn they just can't stop regardless of the total caloric intake they have had throughout the day. Carbs = bad :P
    "If man made it, don't eat it" - Jack Lallane

People say I am on a "crazy" diet. What is so crazy about eating veggies, fruits, seafood and organ meats? Just because I don't eat whole wheat and processed food doesn't make my diet "crazy". Maybe everyone else with a SAD are the "crazy" ones for putting that junk in their system.

alireb is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
    If you eat too much fat you'll get loose stool.
    Aha! This is what happened to me the other day. I didn't think I had that much fat, but obviously 6 ounces of coconut milk in a smoothie was too much for my body to handle, at least right now while it adjusts back to eating primal.

mac131124 is offline Junior Member
    I am a little over 70% on my daily fat intake. I know I haven't felt this great in years. I wish I had known about this diet years ago! Thanks for answering my question!

Steve-O is offline Senior Member
    Too much fat in the bloodstream won't be utilized quick enough and will oxidize. You want to avoid this. But amounts are different for everybody.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    But if you're eating mostly saturated fat you're okay as it doesn't oxidize like the poly fats.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast