Thread: Primal Journal - Janie page

janie is offline Senior Member

Smile Primal Journal - Janie

Primal Fuel
    2011 is about refinement for me.

My diet excludes sugar, grains, & legumes (don't like beans so that's a blessing). I eat a minimal amount of fruit, rarely a yam, as I must keep my carb intake fairly low. So my diet has been meat, poultry, seafood, olive oil, coconut oil, occasionally nuts or nut butters, and lots of veggies. I do eat some dairy (Greek yogurt, butter & cheese) though I keep it limited and have no interest yet in eliminating it from my diet, nor any problem with it that I can see. I've lost enough weight over the last several years to have gotten myself to a normal BMI and PBF.

My intention for 2011 is to up the ante on exercise. I've made some improvement over the last year but started in such bad shape that it wouldn't impress anyone here. I have now upped the weights and added some additional moves. I'm doing that program 3x a week. On other days I'm either walking, riding a stationary bike, stretching and/or dancing. I hope to be strong enough to start sprints on the hill behind my house when the weather improves.

I do like wine, so I am cutting it out entirely for the month of January and will add it back only OCCASIONALLY.

I've also taken fruit out for just this month to see if it makes any difference (Grok couldn't have had much fruit in December in a northern climate.....)

I never thought I'd get to a normal weight, so getting to this point is a miracle to me.

Walking on treadmill today -- too cold outside. Am sticking to my food plan. Scored a pork shoulder roast @ 1.29 a pound. Have part of it roasting for dinner, the rest was ground up into sausage patties that I can flavor with different spices/herbs. Was eating Bob Evans sausage but now I can avoid even that little bit of sugar.

Lifted heavy things today.

Eggs and leftover roasted brussel sprouts for breakfast.
    Leftover roasted pork & salad for lunch
    Going to grill a ribeye and saute rapini w/garlic & evoo tonight

Made Mark's rutabaga chips -- they are definitely addictive. I'm being cautious as rutabagas are higher in carbs, but DH has been eating them all day.

Screwed up! Had a glass of wine while watching the playoff games w/DH. Dang!
    Made salmon burgers (canned salmon, dill, parsley, green onion, egg) sauteed in EVOO and a huge salad w/3 greens, red onion, tomato, yellow peppers for dinner and the wine just kinda went with it...............
    OK, none today!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Well.... I haven't posted here in some time. Update is that I lost an additional 8 pounds but actually lost more FAT than that as I have been building muscle. I stopped working w/weights at home and joined a gym last April. Lifting 3x a week and taking a yoga class. Don't think I need to lose any more weight but do need to build more muscle, which isn't easy for a post-menopausal female.