Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Share your favorite ground beef recipes! page 2

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by JennaRose View Post
    i'll be making this tonight: BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv
    It's garlic meatballs with tomato sauce

it looks amazing, i'll report back how good it was
    This looked really good till I saw them adding a "packet of flavoring"

Let us know what you think.

pbbrown61 is offline Junior Member
    I made the chicken tiki marsala recipe and had so much sauce leftover that I put it in the freezer. A couple of weeks ago I made basic meatballs, warmed up the marsala sauce and added the meatballs. Served it over spaghetti squash and it was wonderful.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Speaking of Spaghetti Squash, I make Squasheroni a-la Navy:

Bake 1 medium sized squash a day before
    Brown beef in a huge pan (~ 2 lbs), drain if it was fatty beef and water came out, transfer to a cast-iron pan and brown a little more till pleasantly crispy
    Add squash and a few slices of butter, a pinch of nutmeg and ~ tsp of mustard, let warm up all together nicely
    Add about 1/2 cup whole milk, and ~ 1 cup of shredded cheese, reserving some cheese;
    While it all melts and simmers, preheat broiler. Top with cheese, and broil the top until nice-looking.

My 5.5 yo daughter highly recommends!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

tplank is offline Senior Member
    My family absolutely loves rice-free stuffed peppers lately. We kind of wing it on the recipe. We also use good breakfast sausage for half the meat and ground sirloin for the other half, but you could do it all ground beef and it would be fine.

I brown the meat till near done and then add the veggies: lots of yellow onion (Vidalia if available), enough minced garlic to ward off a vampire army, some finely chopped bell peppers, and sometimes some diced mushrooms. Seasoning to taste is the key I think. We use cayenne pepper, sweet paprika, smoked ancho chile pepper powder, black pepper, salt, cumin and thyme. I never measure seasonings and have no idea though I can tell you the black pepper and salt a very liberal. I also add a really good wallop of Worcestershire sauce and a little red wine (usually an inexpensive cab) as it cooks.

Depending on the veggies, often you will get a lot of liquid cooking out of this, so I drain the whole concoction in a colander after the veggies have cooked some, and then return it to the pan to finish cooking. I just watch the onions till they go clear.

Cut the tops off your other bell peppers (we strongly prefer Red, but Yellow or Orange are great too) and clean them out. I boil the peppers in a big pot for a while…never time that either. Maybe ten minutes and let them cool…I usually do that while the stuffing is cooking. Then I spoon the stuffing in kind of tamping it down with the back of the spoon as I go. Place the peppers in a baking dish and cook at about 375 for 45 minutes, but I don’t find it to be a precision thing: we just eyeball it till it looks good.

I just dump mine on a plate, but for the family, I split the pepper open and garnish it with fresh grated parmesan and parsley. We are all wild about this simple dish. The bonus is that we can make a bunch and it reheats fantastically so we have lunches almost ready to go.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JennaRose View Post
    i'll be making this tonight: BODYROCK.tv | Fitness Advice, Workout Videos, Health & Fitness | Bodyrock.tv
    It's garlic meatballs with tomato sauce

it looks amazing, i'll report back how good it was
    Huge success!!! I loved it, and my honey said it was amazing! He kept going on how delicious it was

Quote Originally Posted by Classic View Post
    This looked really good till I saw them adding a "packet of flavoring"

Let us know what you think.
    yeah, that packet was just a chicken broth concentrate i think. i just used an organic carton of chicken broth(sugar free) i had lying around. i tweaked the recipe a bit, didnt add as much cheese, plus i halved the recipe. it was really good!

DaisyEater is offline Senior Member
    I made meatza/ crust last night with a mix of ground beef and lamb. It was good plain. It was also awesome for dipping in my egg yolks at breakfast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12