Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does The Mind Influence Gene Expression? page

primalpilgrim is offline Senior Member

Does The Mind Influence Gene Expression?

Primal Fuel

I wrote an article exploring the mind's ability to influence gene expression and reached the following conclusion:

Conclusion
    While ancestral inheritance may cast the initial momentum over our gene expression, the priming of our thoughts, nutrition and environment cause the mind to influence gene expression. We are in fact, as young as we allow ourselves to be. Short of acute trauma, the outcome of our genetic potential inherited from our ancestors is within the purview of the choices we make.

Full article here:
    http://fitafter40vancouver.blogspot....xpression.html

Let me know what you think.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalpilgrim View Post
    Conclusion
    While ancestral inheritance may cast the initial momentum over our gene expression, the priming of our thoughts, nutrition and environment cause the mind to influence gene expression. We are in fact, as young as we allow ourselves to be. Short of acute trauma, the outcome of our genetic potential inherited from our ancestors is within the purview of the choices we make.

Let me know what you think.
    +1000 Great post! I commented on your blog.

In addition to our thoughts, emotional trauma has a huge influence over our health. Emotional trauma--even pre-natal and birth trauma-- can be cleared with current energy psychology modalities (EFT, EMDR, Matrix Reimprinting) so that we can be free of the distress pattern and make new choices from a clear space.

My health is testament to this. Pre-Primal and pre-vitamin D supplementation, I cleared my life-long asthma with 3 sessions of Matrix Reimprinting. As a Matrix practitioner, I see the power of the mind/emotions over the body on a daily basis.
    Last edited by Dragonfly; 01-05-2011 at 01:54 PM.

My wife practices EFT and has taught it to me and my daughter. They have used it successfully in various situations. I have to admit I don't understand every level why EFT works. All I know is that my wife and daughter experience relief when they perform EFT techniques.

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    My wife practices EFT and has taught it to me and my daughter. They have used it successfully in various situations. I have to admit I don't understand every level why EFT works. All I know is that my wife and daughter experience relief when they perform EFT techniques.
    Cool. I don't understand how EFT works...then again...I don't understand electricity either--but I sure appreciate it and make use of it daily! Matrix is EFT on a quantum level--think "Back to the Future" with your memories...

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    it's really cool stuff. i look forward to some practitioners coming back so we can get started on our group work in this area in the offices.

miss fluffypants is offline Junior Member
    I just read 'The Biology of Belief' which thoroughly but entertainingly covers this topic. It also refers to a technique called PSYCH-K which might be similar to EFT - I simply don't know enough about it.

Happy thoughts, everyone!

My wife tells me this is a good book on the topic:
    http://www.amazon.com/How-Your-Mind-...4281412&sr=8-1

hazyjane is offline Senior Member
    EFT works because it re-patterns energy imprints in the brain (which are like computer programs in a way- change the program and the brain/body runs differently).
    Neurofeedback also does this, Medical Qigong treatments do this and I'm sure other modalities do, too. It's amazing what can happen. My sister went from being rapid-cycling bipolar to not bipolar in one Medical Qigong session because the traumatic imprint that was the root cause was removed and re-patterned. It was so amazing to see her change.

Thanks hazyjane. I like your blog too! Very nice.

Anthony Moore is offline Junior Member
    This is fascinating stuff. I just had a really traumatic eardrum perforation (far worse pain than fracturing my skull, there are bite marks on the ceiling of the room where it happened!) whilst staying at my parents for xmas and New Year. The only thing that really helped the pain and the intense pressure was getting furiously and vocally angry - I literally had steam coming out of my ears. I ended up telling my poor mum all the stuff I was so angry with her about and had been bottling up for 25 years and the world didn't end and I felt some catharsis. Did my body get ill, to create the crisis and release the anger or did I get angry to release the crisis? I suspect the former. Thankfully, the old dear is pretty cool and totally understood the situation and indeed, as the best parents would, guided me through it.

Would matrix and EFT stuff work for this kind of situation or am I barking up the wrong tree? apologies if so.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast