Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Often Do You Shower? page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

How Often Do You Shower?

Primal Fuel
    And has going PB changed that?
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Every day, and my diet won't impact that. I find most people find it objectionable if I go riding and spend time with the horses, and don't I use a very pure glycerine soap though, and keep it to a minimum. I have found that after just a couple of weeks of going PB, my skin is less dry and feels softer, and my tattoos are brighter.

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    As often as needed for cleanliness and not to smell, which is usually once a day or once every two days, at most I've gone 3 days but then I can't even stand myself.

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    I wash every day, but shower a lot less. Unless I've been doing a lot of first-fixing/chasing at work. Then I just want the dust and concrete out of my hair and off my skin. It's the lesser of two evils to lose som natural skin oil at the same time.

jqbancroft is offline Senior Member
    Once or twice a week? I wash my hair with ACV and Egg Yolk every 7-10 days, so I shower then. I also shower when I notice that I need to shave, so it varies--but I guess about once or twice a week.

Primal actually didn't bring this "odd" habit about. You know how some people say they always liked meat and fat, and they love PB because it allows for that? That's how I am with showering and soap, haha. I've never been a big "washer" but I've never smelled bad either. I love that Primal encourages less soap!

Edit: I will say though, that when pre-PB I used regular shampoo and conditioner and I lathered up with soap whenever I showered. Now I just rinse with water. This week, I've stopped soap in the pits (the only place I did still suds) and I'm trying a home deodorant. We'll see if it works out!

Enamel is offline Senior Member
    3 times a week max, but I've stopped using shampoo in my hair as of a week ago, and I don't really get to the point of stinking that often, so I'll probably be showering less.

earthspirit is offline Senior Member
    Everyday morning and night, and every time after sex.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Once a day, with an occasional skipped day. Those skipped days are less frequent now I'm not using shampoo and almost no soap....sometimes that's too long between showers!
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

rocknroll is offline Senior Member
    Once a day everyday, sometimes twice. I use regular store bought soap and have never had skin problems. I love my showers, I really wouldn't want to give them up.
    "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    once a day, washing with water, and having gone back to shampoo for the moment. might go back to ACV for the hair.

no deodorant, though. can't stand the stuff. and i don't smell either. LOL

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast