Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal (eelnus) page

eelnus is offline Senior Member

Primal Journal (eelnus)

Primal Fuel
    I have finally made the decision to commit to getting healthier. I have allowed myself to get to 195lbs at 5'4. That is only 5lbs away from 200 and I was not going to let myself get to that. My decision to change started when I watched the webcast Gary Taubes did at Berkley on why a calorie is not a calorie and why we are fat. ( carbs drive insulin drives fat) It finally made a switch go off in my brain and I knew what I had to do. That is eat a low carb diet. Now this isn't new to me because I have read atkins and also knew how bad sugar and white carb was for us. But then I got back into the mainstream belief that Atkins is bad for you and it'll kill you in the end. But after watching Gary Taubes seminar, I knew scientifically that couldn't be true. So I started doing research on the topic and reading everything I could from Atkins to Schwarzbein to the Primal Blueprint. The Primal way seems to be the most effortless and natural way to go. I really like the workout plan as well. It seems so doable. I don't like counting and having to think about what I'm going to eat and this is so effortless.
    So far, I'm on my 5th day and I don't feel hungry at all. I did get catch a cold as soon as I started and started feeling flu like symtoms yesterday. Today I feel better. Although I'm still having trouble sleeping. I hope that's something that goes away as well because I love my sleep. I don't seem to be eating that much, but I'm just full. I ate lunch around 1pm yesterday and that was a kale salad with some nuts and seed in it and some chicken and after that I didn't need to eat dinner because I was still full. I was still full this morning and didn't need to eat breakfast, but I thought I should since I probably need the protein.

Today's meal:
    B:3 boild eggs, babybell cheese (bad I know, but it was all I had for fat at work.)
    L:Ceaser salad, canned Wild Alaskand pink salmon.
    D:Chipotle's salad bowl with steak, sour cream, salsa and cheese.
    S:handful of mixed nuts
    Last edited by eelnus; 01-05-2011 at 08:41 PM.

Day 6 - 189.5

Beginning weight on 1/1/2011 195

My carb flu seems to be gone today. I also slept through the night last night. I took some 5htp and I'm not sure if that did it or if I'm just over a phase. I took some 5htp tonight as well because I don't want to chance it.

Today's meal:
    B: 3 eggs scrambled in coconut oil, spinach dip on top, green vibrance supplement
    L:Large ceasar salad (whole bag of romaine), canned smoked clams in olive oil, 3 hard boiled eggs
    S:handful of mixed nuts
    D:1/4lb organic grassfed hamburger, broccoli stir fried in butter and olive oil.

Worked out with a trainer for an hour.

Beginning weight on 1/1/2011: 195
    Today's weight: 191

Yesterday wasn't the best day. I think I ate too much and probably ate too many carbs.
    B:Babybel cheese. I am weening myself off of dairy. I will eat what I have and not buy any new dairy.
    Lunch: Was at wholefoods. I had a bowl of kale salad with tahini, added some nuts and pumpkin seed. I didn't know what to do for protein so added some bay shrimp and 1 piece of greek chicken that was thigh meat and gross.
    S:mixed nuts. But I think I ate too many.
    D: Organic grassfed hamburger(4 oz), spinach dip on top..also probably too much, broccoli sauteed in butter.

Today I'm going to try to cut the carbs a bit more. No more nuts until I lose some weight and am in maintenance.
    I did work out already today. I did bootcamp. It was hard, but fun.

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Good luck with your goals. Keep up the good work!
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Today's meal:
    B:skipped because I had to go work out at 10am.
    L:3 eggs, hamburger (4oz), broccoli sauteed in butter.
    S: Macadamian nuts. Oh well, there goes my no more nuts rule...can't do it.

Today's weight:188.5

I am so sore from yesterday's workout. I had a hard time tossing and turning in bed because of this. I am especially sore in my shoulders. That was from doing those insane pushups, that I couldn't really do yet without falling on my belly each time. I think I am way too heavy to be lifting myself. I guess that takes care of the lift heavy things.
    I was also very thirsty. Unquenchably thirsty. Usually when this happens, I lose weight the next day. I think it's a sign of ketosis. So that's good, the macadamian nuts did not throw me off. Mayve other mixed nuts do, but macadamians are lower in carbs.

Today I am meeting my meeing my mom and brother for Korean bbq. Korean food is so paleo friendly, if you don't eat the rice.
    Todays meal...
    B:3 eggs in butter, babybel cheese (last of my babybel...buying no more.)
    L:Korean bbq- which is lots of thinnly sliced beef, dipped in sesame oil and salt, eaten with lettuce salad. The salad had a vinegrette on it and I'm not sure, but it might of had some sugar on it. Hopefully this won't deter weight loss, but we'll see.
    Next time I'll have to take some pictures.
    S/D: again lots of macadamian nuts. I need to stop because I can get out of control with these. Will see tomorrows weight results to see what effect this has.
    Last edited by eelnus; 01-09-2011 at 09:55 PM.

Today's weight:190.5

So my weight fluctuated again by 2lbs. I'm wondering if its from all that salt I ate yesterday and the macadamian nuts. I think I overate them. I'm going to stay away from them today.

B:3 eggs in butter, chicken sausage.
    S: small avacado, pack of nuts - okay I can't seem to stay away, but at least the portion was set for me and it only has 5g of carbs.
    L: Ceasar salad with canned salmon
    D:1/4lb organic grassfed ground beef, 2 cups broccoli in butter, 1 serving lox and cream cheese.
    Last edited by eelnus; 01-10-2011 at 08:06 PM.

Today's weight:189

B:1 scoop of Whey, Salmon roulade (smoked salmon/cream cheese) - didn't really like it very much, but it's all I had.
    S:1 Whole avacado, mixed nuts.
    D:3 eggs scrambled with 4oz ground beef, 1 TB butter, 1 oz macadamia nuts.

Calories 1,668
    Fat 138.7=74 % (Saturated 24% )(Polyunsaturated 5 %) (Monounsaturated 32 %)
    Carbohydrate 33.3g - 6 %
    Dietary Fiber 13.9g
    Protein 85.2g 22 %

This was very low carb today. I didn't eat my usual broccoli even though I wanted to because I wanted to keep the carbs low. Again I tell myself I need to lay off the nuts. I'm going to try to only eat nuts on the weekend as my 20%.

Workout- Weights with trainer.
    Last edited by eelnus; 01-11-2011 at 08:42 PM.

Today's weight:188

My trainer told me I should be eating at least 150g of protein. WHAT??? That seems way high. I don't know how I would eat that much. Today I'm going to fall real short. Maybe I'll up my protein on workout days. Today is a rest day due to my acting class.

B:4 eggs in coconut oil, spinach - I didn't have time today so I just scrambled some eggs and ate some spinach banchan.
    L:1 avacado, mixed nut pack - I'll eat all the nuts I have an then not buy anymore. Same thing I did with the dairy.
    D: can of sardines - this can of sardines from Trader Joe's has 2000mg of Omega 3!
    S:22 Macadamia nuts - Got home late and was hungry and saw that I could fit the calories and carbs in for the day.

Calories 1,618
    Fat 139.75g= 75% (Monounsaturated 71.5 38 % ) (Saturated 35.3 19% ) (Polyunsaturated 11.5 6% )
    Protein 74.4g = 18%
    Carbohydrate 37.7g = 7 %
    Dietary Fiber 20.7g

Looks like not enough protein but I don't have time to eat today. I have to work and then go straight to my acting class, which is from 6pm-10pm. I won't get home til 11pm. Hopefully if I eat dinner right before I leave at 5pm, then I'll be fine for the day.
    Last edited by eelnus; 01-12-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Today's weight:188.5

I decided today that I really need to budget for food. I've been spending so much money on food. I decided I will take out $400 a month in cash for food and that's it. If I run out, then tough, I can IF til the next pay day.
    This is what I'm guessing a weekly list should look like:
    Eggs - 3 dozen @ $4 = $12
    Organic groud beef - 3lb @ $6 = $18
    Canned Sardines - 7 @$2 = $14
    Packaged Organic Romaine - 3 bags @$3 = $9
    Broccoli - 2 bags @ $3 = $6
    Frozen berries 3 bags @ $4 = $12
    Macadamia nuts = $14
    Avacados = $5

Total = $90 The rest will go towards eating out or stuff that I run out of like oil or butter. But that's pretty tight budget.

Todays meals:

B: 8oz Ground Beef, 2 cups broccoli in butter.
    L:Canned Salmon, ceaser salad, avacado. - This was late lunch at 3:30 because the beef kept me full.
    D:30 macadamia nuts - more like a snack before working out.

Calories 1,784
    Fat 143.4 = 69% (Saturated 32.8 - 16% ) (Polyunsaturated 15.4 - 8%) (Monounsaturated 82.1 - 39%)
    Protein 105.1 = 23%
    Carbohydrate 36.5 = 8%
    Dietary Fiber 17.4

Workout = mainly arms with trainer. 3 sets of 10 lunges.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast