Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Earthing / Grounding - Snake Oil or is there something to it? page 4

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    yes, what is interesting about martin's study is that they tested grounding in the yoga way on 'ungrounded' mats, and then on mats that were grounded (connected via the wire for the negative ion flow or some such), and those on the grounded mats were healither than those on the ungrounded ones, all other things being equal etc. fascinating stuff.

but, yeah, the behavioral aspects -- regardless of the ion stuff -- is old school.

RedYeti is offline Junior Member

Aha - some anecdotal evidence

Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    I sleep on a mattresses grounded to the earth each night -- a mattress pad with a conductive material wired into the ground....

My brother actually had his boss get one after he borrowed one of his for his wife's insomnia. His boss was a total cynic (which is cool) came back two days later and said "we want one."
    Thanks, that's the kind of thing I was interested to hear (as well as more solid stuff but anecdotal evidence isn't to be ignored in my opinion!)

Placebo is a very strong effect, though not so much if you are expecting something to be hogwash.

Since you use this kind of thing, do you have any links to any other information that might shed some light on this?

Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Practicing Pagan here. "Grounding" is nothing new or unusual to me.

This is very similar to my technique: http://thepaganandthepen.wordpress.c...and-centering/
    Thanks Diana but as noted by a previous poster this is about the actual electrical phenomenon rather than that form of "grounding" (which I'm sure works great - just not sure about this form!)

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    the research that came out of one of the hospitals in London in the 60s and 70s actually goes into this.

they had to do double-blind studies in that hospital, and while i don't have the research at hand, i do believe our colleague and his findings. also, i just feels nice to stand on the mat.
    Thanks zoebird - very interesting.

Is there any chance that you could ask your colleague to dig up a reference of some kind to those studies please? They sound to be exactly the kind of thing I was hoping to find!

claude512 is offline Senior Member
    this thread kinda shows how much people really are into science and evidence here...
    dear god! hide this thing quick, before any critic of the primal lifestyle uses it to discredit the lifestyle!

I really am at a loss for words

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    Science is such a partypooper.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Quote Originally Posted by claude512 View Post
    this thread kinda shows how much people really are into science and evidence here...
    dear god! hide this thing quick, before any critic of the primal lifestyle uses it to discredit the lifestyle!

I really am at a loss for words
    Sorry but as much as I re-read your post I can't decide if you're saying that science and evidence is a bad thing? I'm probably just being dim!

claude512 is offline Senior Member
    actually I'm trying to say that science and evidence are the only good thing! this lifestyle is based completely on science and evidence, and we try to always have scientific arguments for everything, so this thread is really not a good example of primal thinking!

I should have put a sarkasm warning on top of my reply :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    Science is such a partypooper.
    Damn your science - I've got products to sell!

I'm just joking. There should be no dogma in science (or anywhere else for that matter).

Either there is something to this, in which case "Show me the evidence!" or there isn't - in which case.... well, "Show me the evidence!"

There are people that say they have seen real effects relating to this (thanks to those people that are posting that they have done - it's hard to be a heretic - something we should all be able to relate to!).

I really just want to see some evidence...

Quote Originally Posted by claude512 View Post
    actually I'm trying to say that science and evidence are the only good thing! this lifestyle is based completely on science and evidence, and we try to always have scientific arguments for everything, so this thread is really not a good example of primal thinking!

I should have put a sarkasm warning on top of my reply :-)
    Aha!

Well yes I agree it has wandered off into very swampy ground...

I'm hoping someone can point back to somewhere more solid with some good evidence (anyone?)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast