Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Earthing / Grounding - Snake Oil or is there something to it? page 3

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by chronyx View Post
    But there is just no way we 'soak up' electricity in any way. The closest I can think of is microwaving, and the way microwaved food continues to heat when it is removed from the microwave. But that is radiation, not electricity.
    I'm not a scientist - but what is static electricity exactly?

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Basically, a static shock is electrons going home. It happens instantly, and you generally know about it.

Electricity only ever takes the path of least resistance back to earth, and it doesn't hang about.

Bodhi is offline Senior Member
    Chi Kung practitioners believe grounding and try to use it in their art.

You might also be interested in the effects of negative ions.

http://www.webmd.com/balance/feature...positive-vibes
    ...how do you look, feel, and perform? -- Robb Wolf

My Blog.

I am more convinced by the ion theory. These can be created by electricity, but are not 'electricity', which is simply energy conducted by electrons. Electrons are not electricty as such, more like the ball bearings of a Newton cradle.

Ions have lost or gained electrons compared to the number of protons and are actual physical atoms/molecules that can be tested/experimented.

Misabi is offline Senior Member
    I can't remember the source, but I once heard or read that urinating outdoors while barefoot was good for you as it "completed the circuit" as it were, released energy back to the earth and made you feel one with nature.

I don't know if I believe this or not, but it feels good and makes my lemon tree grow nicely

Makes sense if you take completing the circuit as returning nutrients and minerals back to the soil where they belong!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Practicing Pagan here. "Grounding" is nothing new or unusual to me. Been doing it for a lot of years, though probably not as often as I should. I find it especially helpful if I'm feeling antsy or aggitated, or on days when I'm feeling drained and need a re-charge. That's also known as "centering" when you take up energy rather than release it. Should have done it yesterday, come to think of it. Huh.

The "how it works" or "why it works" stuff I can't explain to you. I don't know if there is science behind it. I just know it works.

This is very similar to my technique: http://thepaganandthepen.wordpress.c...and-centering/

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    yup, my guy martin says the studies are on negative ions, which is what we are doing with the copper wire and such. we also use beeswax candles and plants to facilitate the process of creating a negative-ion environment, and those salt lamps because the practitioners really like them. i don't know if the salt lamps work or not, but i think they do.

anyway, yeah.

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by chronyx View Post
    The worst part is, I wish I'd thought of it first.

People will lap this shit up.

Maybe I should come up with a way of using my insulation resistance tester holistically.

500V across the nipples will cure cancer!
    Except for that really important organ between the nipples... lol

A guy I used to work with zapped himself with his megger... I lol'ed at his misery.

megguspee is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    I thought you were referring to another version of grounding, which I can safely say does work. Different people call it different things: centering, grounding, clearing.... Essentially, it's releasing stress and anxiety, calming down, and coming back to the present moment. It was something I picked up back in my HS Wiccan explorations and I liked. It's a method to clear your head and fend off any nastiness or panic attacks. It works well for me.
    me too!!! sooo good to just sit, find your center, and find your focus. I often will "ground my energy" visually in my mind. i just visualize all my excess and/or negative energy flowing into the earth. and yes, it DOES make one feel better! like meditation, i suppose. or cleaning your chakras

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast