Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Earthing / Grounding - Snake Oil or is there something to it? page 2

chronyx is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by RedYeti View Post
    However (to play devil's advocate) it's the slightly longer term application (say overnight) that may make the difference perhaps?
    Perhaps. Personally I think it's a lot more to do with:

Quote Originally Posted by jspradley View Post
    Walking around barefoot on the grass does feel freakin' GREAT!
    Being outside in nature feels good shock story. Wait, how do we sell THAT???

RedYeti is offline Junior Member
    @naiadknight:

Yes this is the definite, physical thing relating to electrical potential

Which, you'd think, would make it very amenable to testing. Meaning we'd have some evidence...
    Last edited by RedYeti; 01-05-2011 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Someone posted already!

The worst part is, I wish I'd thought of it first.

People will lap this shit up.

Maybe I should come up with a way of using my insulation resistance tester holistically.

500V across the nipples will cure cancer!

@chronyx:

Selling technical looking things that are completely safe and that may have some "health benefit" isn't so hard either of course.

But to play devil's advocate once again - the general public thinks saturated fat is bad, whole grain wheat is good and, the more informed, that 400iu of vitamin D3 will keep you healthy so, who are we to dismiss the earthing thing without good evidence?

Just could do with some good evidence

@chronyx:

I'm cured doc! I'm cured! Just let me go!!

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    I sleep on a mattresses grounded to the earth each night -- a mattress pad with a conductive material wired into the ground. The measurable effect is that ambient electronic stuff (eg - from plugged in appliances in the house that are "off") as well as stuff you have soaked up during the day build up in your body and since we are not barefoot, have rubber soles on our feet all day, do not escape us. I really like it and other members of my family report much improved sleep (and dreams) after switching to sleep on it. My brother actually had his boss get one after he borrowed one of his for his wife's insomnia. His boss was a total cynic (which is cool) came back two days later and said "we want one."
    Last edited by TheFastCat; 01-05-2011 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFastCat View Post
    I sleep on a mattresses grounded to the earth each night it is a mattress pad with a conductive material is wired into the ground. The measurable effect is that ambient electronic stuff (from plugged in appliances in the house that are "off") as well as stuff you have soaked up during the day build up in your body and since we are not barefoot, have rubber soles on our feet all day, do not escape us.
    I must tell the teams of scientists working on improving battery technology about this; this is going to be bigger than lithium-ion!!

Never mind all that science crap, just soak up some electricity! Simples!

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    As with my diet I am quite used to nodding and agreeing "sounds stupid, doesn't it"?

[:

I can somewhat agree in that flipping the main switch off at night could make people feel better. Electricity does generate magnetic fields.

But there is just no way we 'soak up' electricity in any way. The closest I can think of is microwaving, and the way microwaved food continues to heat when it is removed from the microwave. But that is radiation, not electricity.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    the research that came out of one of the hospitals in London in the 60s and 70s actually goes into this.

it's true that if you touch a tap that is grounded, you will be grounded, particularly if you are bare-foot.

in our holistic health practice, we have a small space where we have attached a copper wire to the grounding wire that runs through the whole building. this is then attached to a cotton mat. this is based, btw, on these studies (lead by one of our colleagues) and so he designed this grounding "process" for us.

we keep this mat and it's wire attachment in the closet next to the copper ground wire, and then set it out in the AM for the practitioners to use throughout the day. most will stand on this mat in bare feet, and get the grounding benefits.

they had to do double-blind studies in that hospital, and while i don't have the research at hand, i do believe our colleague and his findings. also, i just feels nice to stand on the mat.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast