Thread: Challenge/Accomplishment of the day page

canes84 is offline Member

Cool Challenge/Accomplishment of the day

Primal Fuel
    Today is my fourth day on the paleo diet and I put myself in a tough spot. My fiancee was admitted into veterinary school and I'm planning a party to celebrate. I watch the Food Network often and I'm a fan of fancy looking cakes so I went to a local baker known for their cakes to have one made. I plan on merely having a taste on the day of the event but that's besides the point... I went after a workout and I was really hungry. There were freshly baked cookies, slices of cake, chocolates, etc. It was SO hard not to give in- to be honest, when I walked in I wasn't sure that I'd be strong enough...BUT I WAS! I walked out empty handed and felt SO proud. I know that for some of you who have been doing this for a while, sweets aren't appealing anymore but I sure do have a sweet tooth and it was so damn hard.

So yes, I wrote this post to say that I am proud of myself today!!

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Right ON!!!! That is definitely something to be proud of!
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

Paleobird Guest
    Cool. Well done. Plus good idea for a thread.

I did a 24 hour IF today from dinner last night till dinner tonight with only tea this morning. Also I held out all day while the crockpot was slowly cooking a lamb roast and veggies in garlic, herbs and red wine. It smelled soooooooo good. And it was worth the wait.

Robin

slacker is offline Senior Member
    Definitely a great thread.

I got a bit of a carb craving last night about bedtime. I had about three big tablespoons of sweet potato and some milk. It was yummy and very satisfying. Made a mental note to get a little more protein and coconut oil on board earlier in the evening.

canes84 is offline Member
    Thanks for the positive feedback!

Paleobird- THAT'S tough!! I haven't tried IF yet but have thought about it. DO you recommend not working out on a 24hr fast? I think I could do something like 14-18hrs and eat after a workout. Thoughts?

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by canes84 View Post
    Thanks for the positive feedback!

Paleobird- THAT'S tough!! I haven't tried IF yet but have thought about it. DO you recommend not working out on a 24hr fast? I think I could do something like 14-18hrs and eat after a workout. Thoughts?
    No, on the contrary. A workout is great during an IF. Mark did a post about this a while back. I like to time it so my workout is right before dinner (or whatever meal would be your first for the 24 hrs). Fasting for me makes me feel wonderfully focused, like if I'm doing sprints on the beach, the whole world just sort of goes away and there is only this tunnel of wind with me racing through it. Or at least that's how it feels to me.

slacker is offline Senior Member
    I have the flu and just got able to eat again today. I could have flaked out and started with something less primal, but, I went for steak. CW would have lots of reasons against that, including that it wouldn't go down well. It went down fine!