Thread: First few days... page

AJS
    AJS is offline Junior Member

First few days...

Hello! I'm new to Primal eating, and would love some guidance and insight into my first few days of living this lifestyle. I've selectively read Primal Blueprint and visit the website, but I want to make sure I'm on the right track. It's such a switch from my days of counting points or calories. I'm a 30 year old female who is in decent shape, but hoping to shed a few points and tone up a bit more. I feel like today's menu was very high in fat. I get in the exercise portion with various cardio classes, jogs, and kettlebell workouts. If someone could please look at my menu from today and give me any advice.... it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks! AJS

7 am - 2 pieces homemade beef jerky, 1 egg, 2 tbl guacamole, 1 tsp. honey, tea, water
    11:30 am - 2 pieces bacon, homemade celery root soup (celery root, onion, granny smith apple,
    coconut milk, chives), orange, water
    2 pm - 5 walnuts, 2 dried apricots, water
    4 pm - 4 pieces homemade beef jerky, water
    KETTLEBELL WORKOUT
    6:30 pm - 2 tbl. cashews, water
    7:30 pm - shrimp with 1/2 tbl coconut oil and 1 tbl coconut flakes, cauliflower with 1/2 tbl olive oil
    and curry powder, water

DianeThePurple is offline Senior Member
    "High in fat" is not a bad thing.

It looks like you're doing great! Also, welcome.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    You probably don't need all the snacking. 2 or 3 good meals a day is enough.

Before I went Primal I was eating 6 times a day with the thought that if I didn't, my metabolism would slow down. It's so freeing to not be eating all the time, and I can truly enjoy a plate full of food now instead of "mini meals."

JenCat is offline Senior Member
    Might be a little too much fruit. Take it easy on the cardio. Welcome to your new life!

Griff is offline Senior Member
    I do not see enough fat. (I'm serious.) This also looks like not enough food. 1 egg for breakfast? Why not 4 or 5 eggs?

I also see way too much fruit and nuts for a beginner. High in sugar and high in carbs, and probably derailing for getting into ketosis.
    Primal eating in a nutshell: If you are hungry, eat Primal food until you are satisfied (not stuffed). Then stop. Wait until you're hungry again. Repeat.

Looking for my Cholesterol Primer? Here it is: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...mer-(Attempt-2)

Ditch the scale!: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread33283.html

My Success Story: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread30615.html

SWO Life is offline Member
    Eat eat eat. Biggest thing for me to get over was "I'm try to lose weight, therefore I eat less." I think I actually eat more now. The first week or so I felt like I was eatting way too much, but I just ate when I was hungry, and ate large meals. Sure enough though, I learned exactly how much I could eat at each meal without feeling hungry in between and over the first few months I lost a lot of fat.

So, eat a lot and then scale back until it feels "right." No need to count calories.

rocknroll is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Wow, that menu looks delicious! Sounds like you're jumping in head first, kettle balls and all.
    "Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint." - Mark Twain