Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Whole Office Is Going On A Diet... However... page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

Cool The Whole Office Is Going On A Diet... However...

Primal Fuel
    My office of about 13 people are all going on a diet... all of them doing the same thing.

Less calories... more working out (well... walking) ... lots of whole grain cereal (the special k challenge!) and granola bars (as well as canned soups with only 200 calories per can!)...

Do any of them even THINK about talking to the guy who lost nearly 80 lbs with minimal exercise and a full belly at all times????? NO! I know I shouldn't think this but in a small way it's a little insulting... oh well...

But what's funny is that i've seen very little change in what they eat except for the following:

No butter EVER.
    Low fat everything.
    Energy bars (for ENERGY!)
    Triscuits
    No meat...
    Loads and loads of fruit...

What surprises me is nobody has even considered eating a salad... but the fruit, man, they've been eating fruit like it's going away some day soon.

Ughhh... and despite my massive weight loss and health increase I still get a silly look for eating eggs for lunch.

::rolls eyes::

I'm convinced our civilization is doomed... Their matra is this: "It's all about making little changes in life... little changes equal big changes over time..."

My responce: "For me it was more a big change equaled a big change..."
    Last edited by thehallowprince; 01-04-2011 at 03:10 PM.
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back? - Rivvin

Primal Fist is offline Senior Member
    Don't say anything. Just point and laugh very loudly. Then refuse to elaborate.

(or, if pushed, just yell 'energy bars.... for ENERGY!!' for a giggle)

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    My responce: "For me it was more a big change equaled a big change..."
    Grrr... I just had this discusion with my parents. They said I was to crazy to make such big changes, they could only "handle" small changes one at a time, or they felt too deprived! *FACEPALM* Then my mom starts whining about how she's lost no weight even though they're eating low carb snacks. sigh...
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Fist View Post
    (or, if pushed, just yell 'energy bars.... for ENERGY!!' for a giggle)
    +1 !!!

I agree completely, it is very insulting. But, you're a guy, and didn't you know its *easy* for guys to loose weight? You just flex a muscle in the morning and it all melts away... <eyeroll>

jasonmh is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thehallowprince View Post
    ...What surprises me is nobody has even considered eating a salad... but the fruit, man, they've been eating fruit like it's going away some day soon.
    That is too funny

janie is offline Senior Member
    You have my sympathy. I'm 65 lbs down from my highest weight, incredibly healthy and energetic. Used to wear a size 18, now a 6. People I know who struggle with their weight are all eating lowfat crap and lots of grains. And they're telling me how unhealthy my eating is. Do these people lack any power of observation?

Coconut is offline Senior Member
    Has no-one asked you about your amazing weight loss? Or perhaps they have seen it, been inspired and just assume you ate the conventional way? Just give it time and I wouldn't be surprised if they start grumbling cause they're hungry and perhaps someone will ask you what you did?

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Or maybe you could leave a copy of the PB laying around the break room? That seems to be a frequent tactic! Passively provide the information and allow them to make their own conclusions?

abqgirl is offline Member
    This whole thread has me in hysterics. It is so true. My boss is my age and about the same weight. She is constantly trying to lose a few pounds with weight watchers. Last year she did "The Challenge" and lost about 10 pounds. Guess what? It all came back. Shocker! I've been thinking of lending her my books (I'm afraid I won't get them back. Does that make me a horrible, selfish person? ) Anyway, today she asked me what kind of fat I was eating, while trying to feed me a Godiva chocolate left over from Xmas. Now I'm really not going to share with her. Just kidding.

I think that generally people don't think it could be simple. We love to complicate things and make it a struggle. Life is not meant to be that difficult, torturing ourselves with hours of working out and low carb and low fat snacks.

By the way, I found out through her that weight watchers changed the rules and now fruit is free (No points). You can eat all you want and don't have to count it towards your personal allotment. I thought that was ridiculous and quite amusing. Those poor people.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Can't you get a few people to try your way and see if they achieve better fat loss compared to CW folks.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast