Thread: LA area CSA page

Namasteak is offline Senior Member

LA area CSA

Primal Fuel
    If you live in Los Angeles & participate in a CSA please let me know! We are looking at Farm Fresh to You for fruits & veggies. Wish there was something like this for meat.....

ilikesubtitles is offline Senior Member
    Here's a link that might help you out: http://www.ecovian.com/s/losangeles/csa-food-delivery

Also, you can get meat at many farmers' markets! Call the manager at your local one or at bigger ones (i.e., Hollywood or Pasadena) to check if there's a meat vendor. In Eagle Rock we don't have a meat vendor but in South Pasadena on Thursdays there's always a meat guy and a seafood guy. I don't know what part of town you're in but check out a few! You can check out the reviews of farmers's markets on Yelp too.

ennasirk is offline Senior Member
    I use Farm Fresh to You in Northern California and have been extremely happy with them. I like the fact that you can include/exclude certain foods and categories of food. Also, the ease of updating on their web site is really handy as well (I typically do every other week, but it's super easy to reschedule or cancel a week to accommodate schedule changes).

I've found the quality of the food to be great, and the variety has been fun - it's challenged me to try things that I wouldn't normally pick up at the farmer's market or grocery store (and even brought me some things, like romanesco, that I've never even seen at a market or grocery store!).

moonablaze is offline Senior Member
    I've never looked into farm fresh to you, but I've been very happy with South Central Farmers. I live with a roommate who I don't share food with, so being able to order or not on a week-to-week basis is helpful. so is the sliding scale pricing (I'm a grad student)

Namasteak is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by moonablaze View Post
    I've never looked into farm fresh to you, but I've been very happy with South Central Farmers. I live with a roommate who I don't share food with, so being able to order or not on a week-to-week basis is helpful. so is the sliding scale pricing (I'm a grad student)
    I'll have to check them out! DH is a grad student so cheap is always good =)