Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Vegan coming to visit - HELP! page 2

Geoff is offline Member

Shop Now

One way that might "bridge the gap" would be to shop together for ingredients. If you have a local farmers' market to which you could bring her, you could have a ball checking out the season's bounty and planning meals together that you'll both enjoy. As suggested above, supplement those meals as with meat on the side for you and a vegan side for her.

You might also want to try a day of fasting with her. It would be an interesting test to see who fares better on a day without food. My money's on you, the Primal. After a day of fasting you'll definitely have something in common with your friend that should make meals easy - hunger.

Rather than focus on what's different, focus on the vast common ground you share (eating vegetables, nuts, and fruits) and maybe explore some new common ground with a short fast.

sofiawahaj Guest

Thanks again for a bunch of good info. I plan on reading Nourishing Traditions (placed a hold at my library) and will certainly do some tempeh and veggie soup. And I like the idea of trying to find COMMON grounds instead of differences. She doesn't preach her veganism on her friends and even cooks fish just for her friends. She has a PhD in anthropology and is very smart, which is why it bothers me (only recently) that she chooses this lifestyle that I think is wrong on so many levels. I know she honestly believes she is living the most healthy lifestyle for her and the planet and I would love to be able to have her truly understand why her diet is far less than ideal (though better than most western CW diets). Maybe she hasn't read any nutrition books in the last 5 years and she needs an update, ya know?

Anyways, thanks again.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member

I don't think you have to prove Paleo is good for us but its good to know why.

The author of Vegetarian Myths damaged her health from her lifestyle but believed she was doing the best thing. She had clues all along (hypoglycaemia etc) but kept attributing it to something else and not the inadequacies of her diet.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

I would just buy a bunch of carrots and celery for her

maba is offline Senior Member

You could watch Fathead with her perhaps and emphasize on the lipid-hypothesis part of the movie and not the red-meat part, so as not to appear like you're pushing the Primal diet.

fotakou is offline Junior Member

Try to look for some recipes here.

I particularly liked the kale chips and the hazelnut nutella,although to tell you the truth the girls were so cute in there that i would suggest them even if they were giving recipes for normal chips and nutella lol :P Primal girls are really cute damn it!We need more Primal Eaters here in Greece!

I agree. I kept watching cute little Pellegrina while she was making the hazelnut Nutella and thinking she was so dang adorable! (And I'm a woman!).

Primal woman definately are down-right cute! If I do say so myself! ;-)

fritchbeetle is offline Junior Member

Aw, thanks!

MamaSofi - How'd it go with your vegan friend?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12