Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Powerball for dummies :) page

deepthought is offline Junior Member

Shop Now

On request i'm posting a little "How-To" on powerballs.

Powerball making is not an exact science there is no secret recepie(how is that spelled now), just try to find "your" perfect mix.

1: In a bowl, put a bit chunk of fat, I usually mix cocnut fat and butter(please dont hate me Tarlach). It should soften a bit but not be fluid.

2: take your favourite types of nuts, for me that would usually be, brazil nuts, almonds and cashews.

Smash or "process" them, I find it best go until som has turned to flour with some bigger chunks left(for biting resistanse).

2,5: the nut vs fat ratio you have to find out for yourself, remember, Powerballing is not an exact science, bur more an intuitive art.

3: mix it all, add as much cocoa as you find the "yummiest" my favourite is to go for dark brown balls. A tip is, that if the turn out like raw meatballs, add more cocoa.

4: some additional flavouring I like is a splash of honey or some peppermint leaves.

5: roll in coconut flakes, put in cooler.

6: Enjoy!

7: make more...

8: Enjoy!

Tarlach is offline Member

No issues from me. I would go for lard instead though

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

I knew you would say that

I am concidering trying it, but my wife has to be out of the house otherwize I will make her throw up. (do not mess with pregnant women and her stomach)

Tarlach is offline Member

When my wife was pregnant last year, she ate plenty of pig fat. We render it together and our favourite meal became pork belly on the BBQ.

Your wife doesn't know what she is missing! I hope she is into primal and is going to feed bubs good things.

The "Seven Deadly Sins"

Grains (wheat/rice/oats etc) . . . . . Dairy (milk/yogurt/butter/cheese etc) . . . . . Nightshades (peppers/tomato/eggplant etc)
    Tubers (potato/arrowroot etc) . . . Modernly palatable (cashews/olives etc) . . . Refined foods (salt/sugars etc )
    Legumes (soy/beans/peas etc)

Well... she's an "ethical" vegetarian since 20 years.

And she's not that found of fish either.....

But I am trying to set an example for her, and she is softening up and is eating a bit more fish. the hard part is that just as my primal experiment started, she had that period of her(our) pregnacny when she was ill all the time(thowing up everyday). All my terrific "fish in oven" creations is still associated with feeling sick. But where there is hope....

Rose is offline Member

I tried making my own version of these (similar ingredients to above) and they wouldn't stick together in balls. I just got "Power Crumble". What am I doing wrong?

madMUHHH Guest

@deepthought: Just out of interest. How much of the ingredients are you usually using, end with how much powerballs do you usually end up with. And how big are they roughly?

I think it's gonna be hard to find the right amount at first - after all, it's pretty much pure fat. Even though this is not really a bad thing at all.

Shine is offline Member

I can't wait to make these this weekend! I have been looking for something portable to eat midday; I bike home for my lunch break and need something quick and easy to take back. (The return trip to work is really not fun in the hot Texas sun after eating.)

Thanks for posting this! I'll have to try them with some mint.

Hi again!

Professor powerball inline!

amounts of ingredients are probably around 150 grams of fat, and I use around 3-400 cc nut crush. I've never measured the amounts, I just go...

to get balls and not crumble, I thing your problem is you let the fat soften to much. Put your crumbles in the fridge a while if they wont stick togheter.

TYhe sizes is about the same as a small chicken egg( the size I can form in one hand.

Good luck folks!

maba is offline Senior Member

PrimalCon New York

Deepthought, I hope the missus turns primal too and then please share with me how you got her to do it. My mister is an ethical vegetarian too and I've had a hard time convincing him. He works in the hospital and he often ends up eating in the cafeteria when he works long hours, even though I try as much as I can to make wholesome vegetarian meals at home. And it's shocking to see how a health organization can pass off such vile things in the name of food. And this is not the new primal in me talking, I always thought their food sucked. But I digress. I would love to try your power ball recipe - just looking at the ingredient tells me I'm going to like it.

Good luck w/ the pregnancy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast