Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powerball for dummies :) page 2

deepthought is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

@ maba

Thanks!

It seems to be you and me on a "hopeless" campaign against the "vegetarian horde"

I think fish is the way to go with my wife to start with, like I said she eats it but not very much. Step 2 would be to introduce wild game. This fall, when hunting season begins I will get my hands on a pile of moose.

maba is offline Senior Member

This might interest you Deepthought:

http://www.westonaprice.org/children...ormothers.html

deepthought is offline Junior Member

Thanks! I'trying to fat her up But her gallbladder(is this right, english is not my priamry language, hopfully you know what I mean), cranks up when she's eating fatty food. The fish is progressing though.

NorthernMonkeyGirl is offline Senior Member

On the "powerball" notion, I've ended up with truffley yummy things

Going solely on contents of fridge, I food-processed sunflower, hemp and pumpkin seeds; few leftover walnuts; handful of sultanas; and pecan nuts.

Ended up with about 6 handfuls of flour-textured stuff with odd bigger lumps.

Worked through about 2 tablespoons of (organic) butter, good lot of cocoa powder, then squidged it into balls and rolled the balls in more cocoa powder. They're now in fridge....

I was worried about them not being sweet enough hence the sultanas, but I think using coconut would remove this need? Plus I find some nuts sweeter than others, so next time I'll try with pecans, almonds, hazelnuts, instead of just seeds!

Good for a chocolate fix though, if not the old sugar hit

PS - am very new to this and easing in, so still have a relatively sweet tooth and trying to minimise "damage" while I adjust

Trinkwasser Guest

When I was young, mother used to make a disgustingly yummy concoction which I inherited and used to use as fuel when walking.

She/I melted lard and added sugar and cocoa powder, then mixed in broken biscuits, nuts and sultanas and allowed to cool into a still slightly sticky mess which could be cut into bars.

These powerballs sound like a Primal version which would not leave me flat on my back from high BG followed by a hypo.

My current alternative is a load of mixed nuts and a smaller quantity of dried fruit, which works when used sparingly. I'll have to try these and report back.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12