Thread: Nausea page

Ann1217 is offline Senior Member

Nausea

Hello all,

I've been following the primal blueprint on and off for about three years now (remember reading MDA when it didn't look like this) but this is my first ever post on the forum!

Anyway, I've been living abroad for about four months now and have gained about ten pounds due to some not great food choices (lots of traditional and carby foods).

Over the past week or so I've been transitioning to low carb in hopes of entering ketosis to lose a bit of fat.

This is my third day being very strict, restricting carbs to about 20 grams or below a day. It is also the third day that I have felt nauseated pretty much all the time.

I'm wondering if this nausea is a result of ketosis (I read it's a possible side effect), but I'm not positive that I would have already entered ketosis.

Anyone experienced this? What's up? Low carb flu?

Thanks!

PrincessGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Nausea with Ketosis is VERY common. Try to get your hands on some keto strips at the drug store to be sure, but with restricting carbs that low, you should be there. Nausea will pass, you just have to battle through it.