Thread: A Little Of This... Goes a LONG way! page

thehallowprince is offline Senior Member

Wink A Little Of This... Goes a LONG way!

Primal Fuel
    So I’ve been primal since march 2010 and it’s been amazing… blah blah blah…

What I wanna talk about is how fast the body goes BACK to good…

December was a hellish month. I was surrounded by sugar, carbs, and most of all delicious food that is total crap. I gave an inch and ended up taking a mile. I had to deal with Hanukkah, Christmas (several of them it seemed), my Birthday, and then new years.

I ended up gaining about 9 lbs from thanksgiving to new years… On top of that I felt like total crap. I had lots of gas, a total lack of energy, moodiness, depression, nihilism, and the poops… a lot… that is after twenty minutes of horrible cramps.

So first of the year, back to good, back to primal, enough cheating.

I expected to go back through a tiny version of the low carb flu but to my surprise after it was super short… as in, a matter of hours, not days, hours! Now it’s only been a couple days but I’ve lost five of those 9 lbs already, I’m in ketosis, I feel amazing, haven’t had a single cramp, and all moodiness and depression is gone.

It is simply breathtaking to see the difference and it truly shows how horrible all that carb/sugar foods and fast foods really are. It’s no wonder everyone is on depression meds, high blood pression meds, have anger issues, etc. etc. etc.

It’s in the FOOOD!
    March 1st 2010: 308lbs | CW: 219lbs / 18.5%BF | New Goal: 16% BF
    Male. 28. 6'4''. Currently working on them muscles and strength!

"My chest hair caught fire when I was fighting a bear with a flamethrower, how do I get my hair back?” - Rivvin

BeagleMan is offline Senior Member
    I hear ya. Your last few weeks sounds like mine....except for the birthday and Hanukkah.

I've been surprised, once I got back to eating right, just how quick things have been correcting. The extra lbs are coming off fast, and the carb flu hasn't been bad at all.

earthspirit is offline Senior Member
    Totally hear ya. I went over to a friends for dinner who made spaghetti where he already mixed the noodles into the meat...whatever meat u could spot thru the noodles. I ate it anyways....And I was really depressed all night. not because I was thinking omg i just ate noodles...Just everything seemed to bother me a lot more and I couldn't deal with it. And all today I was exhausted. Floored exhausted.

OneDeltaTenTango is offline Senior Member
    OMG, not nihilism!

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    I am experiencing the same.

I was naughty for a lot longer than just december, if I'm honest, my eating has been snowballing out of control for months.

Over the last day or two I've been super strict, and I had a small headache yesterday and felt tired, but feel great today!
    The more I see the less I know for sure.
    -John Lennon

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    December was a bear. Christmas is HUGE in west Texas and a way to show off what your family can cook. I didn't fall off all the way (stayed primal without missing out on everything, about 60% primal.) I gained 7 lb and have lost 5 of it already. It was remarkably easy to get back on track. The hardest part has been keeping the Christmas candy to a minimum (Geek bought me a batch of my two favorite non- dark chocolate confections- turtles and ferrero rocher.)
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

carlh is offline Senior Member
    I don’t even want to write the sloth and gluttony that I inflicted on myself on New Year’s Eve, New Year’s Day, and the Sunday after. I let myself down in just about every area I'm trying to improve.

Let’s just say I’m glad the holidays are over. I need to detox, workout, pray, and get my stupid butt back on track. Last night I did jump rope, jumping jacks, push-ups and various pull-up attempts. I ate steak and tomatoes and avocado. I read several chapters from Acts. Hopefully more of the same tonight.

No excuses now.

Sassy is offline Senior Member
    Totally - I've been a sugar eating machine since the weekend before Thanksgiving (US) and have been probably more off the wagon than on much of December, eating bread and sweets quite a lot. Over all of that, I only gained back about six pounds. Given what I was expecting? That's nothing!

My heartburn also came back, but has been gone after a few days of primal eating again.

AND - I was really afraid I'd lost the magic, that since I had started to crave sugar and carbs again, and lost my control I was never going to get it back in the same way....but now that the holidays are over and I'm back in normal mode, I don't feel those strong cravings anymore. I'm back to where I was before the gluttony streak started. SO reassuring!
    Sassy: Revised - my primal log

kimmie is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I could have written your post myself, word for word. I told my husband last night that I am so happy to be primal again after eating crap for two weeks and that I already feel SO much better. It's amazing how my heartburn, gas, indigestion, etc all came back when I stopped eating primally.