Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tropicana has made a monster. page

Dualhammers is offline Senior Member

New Renaissance is offline Senior Member
    Soon we can have all the HFCS without all the annoying fruit flavor!

ElaineC is offline Senior Member
    WTF is wrong with a real piece of fruit?!? Honestly, how is an apple less handy than that, or an orange, or a pear? My niece and nephew love fresh fruit and veggies, and real meat, because thats what they are fed. They eat until they aren't hungry, then they get down from the table and other than the occasional snack, don't eat again until their next meal. Guess what - they are hungry again, and eat their real food, not this processed garbage. At 3 and 5, they are miles ahead of kids their age when it comes to nutrition these days.

I feel bad for kids these days, they are fed so much garbage in the name of convenience, when really its not about their convenience, its about their parents laziness and unwillingness to prepare them decent food.

Grizz is offline Banned
    It's ALL ABOUT MONEY !

Real fruit does not make any money for Pepsico, doctors & drug companies.

Corporate Greed: Squeeze ever more money out of the sheeple...

Grizz

SWO Life is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    It's ALL ABOUT MONEY !
    That generally how business works. Last time I checked Pepsi wasn't a non-profit, and even they need to spend money to run their organizations.

carlh is offline Senior Member
    My mom eats fruit snacks..."but this one has real fruit juice in the middle!" she defended to me on my last visit. Mom, that doesn't count. Just because a dozen chicken wings are delicious it doesn't mean I'll eat them if they're encased in bear shit.

MollyCat is offline Member
    OMG no wonder the little brats are all so tubby!!
    "Here suck on this sugar syrup so Mommy can watch her stories"
    If Someone was following in your footsteps, where would you be leading them?

elorajade is offline Senior Member
    As a mom these foods do have their place. I'm an obsessive label reader, so what I buy does tend to be all natural. I also make apple and banana chips and leathers at home so they have that as well to take to school.

But I can tell you that taking a banana to school? Yeah, doesn't work at all. It gets bruised and she refuses to eat it.

I can't send my 7yo with a whole apple as she can't take proper bites for whatever reason. If I cut it, it goes brown, and she doesn't like the taste of the lemon that stops the oxidation of the apple. Those squeeze packs are are also pretty handy on road trips, they are all natural, at least the ones that I buy are. I also buy fruit snacks that are all natural.

It's the 80/20 thing right? It's not ideal, but its better than the spiderman fruit snacks or roll ups.

This morning I packed for her:

Yogurt
    Salmon Cake
    3 slices kielbassa
    1 pepperoni stick
    celery sticks & cream cheese
    Apple chips
    Raisins

Here we are very limited on what I can send already because of allergies, I'm sure her teacher thinks I'm weird already because I don't send sandwhiches or alphaghetti which seems to be the norm.

Herbwifemama is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MollyCat View Post
    OMG no wonder the little brats are all so tubby!!
    "Here suck on this sugar syrup so Mommy can watch her stories"
    Ouch. Assumptions, much? The product is horrific, let's focus on that.

Nitzylplick is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elorajade View Post
    I can't send my 7yo with a whole apple as she can't take proper bites for whatever reason. If I cut it, it goes brown, and she doesn't like the taste of the lemon that stops the oxidation of the apple.
    Try orange juice, it works just as well and gives it a sweet taste as opposed to the bitter lemon taste.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast