Thread: Turkey pumpkin chili from the Whole Foods website. page

frances is offline Senior Member

Turkey pumpkin chili from the Whole Foods website.

Shop Now
    This is really good. Make it primal by adding 3/4 lb of turkey, and taking out the beans. Super-easy, freezes well..... I've never added the recommended sour cream, because never have in house. Greek yogurt would probably also work...

Besides adding a sweet nutty flavor to dishes, pumpkin is a ready source of vitamin A, which boosts the nutrition content of this offbeat chili. Garnish each portion with a dollop of sour cream and chopped cilantro.
    Ingredients

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
    1 small yellow onion, chopped
    1 green bell pepper, cored, seeded and chopped
    2 jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
    2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
    1 pound ground white or dark meat turkey
    1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, with their liquid
    1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
    1 cup water
    1 tablespoon chili powder
    1 teaspoon ground cumin
    Salt and pepper to taste
    1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
    Method

Heat oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, jalapeños and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes. Add turkey and cook until browned. Add tomatoes, pumpkin, water, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low and add beans. Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes more. Ladle chili into bowls and serve.
    Nutrition

Per serving (about 12oz/348g-wt.): 280 calories (110 from fat), 13g total fat, 2.5g saturated fat, 55mg cholesterol, 580mg sodium, 23g total carbohydrate (8g dietary fiber, 7g sugar), 20g protein

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Sounds interesting
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.