Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Endangered species panther bar page

Enamel is offline Senior Member

Endangered species panther bar

Primal Fuel
    Has anyone tried this kind of chocolate? It's 88%. Most of the reviews I read said it was disgustingly bitter and only suitable for baking, but I can chomp on it like it's sugary milk chocolate - not bitter at all. (And this is coming from someone whose main weakness is sugar.)

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I like Green & Black's 85% and Scharffen Berger 99%. I'll see if I can find Panther. It's not dry or brittle is it? (My biggest chocolate pet peeve.)

Herbwifemama is offline Senior Member
    Endangered Species is local to me, and I'm quite fond of it. My favorite is the Rhino bar, with microscopic specks of toffee in it (70% cacao, prolly not paleo). I've had the Panther bar before, and I find it very brittle, and a bit too bitter for my liking. 70% is about as high as I go, unless I"m making my own chocolate with 100% cacao and honey and coconut oil.

jspradley is offline Senior Member
    I was hoping it was make with real panther.

Enamel is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    I like Green & Black's 85% and Scharffen Berger 99%. I'll see if I can find Panther. It's not dry or brittle is it? (My biggest chocolate pet peeve.)
    I've tried Scharffen Berger before, although I'm not sure what the percentage was. It was probably the best chocolate I've ever had, soooo delicious.
    I'm not sure if the panther bar was dry or brittle, I didn't really notice. I'd have to eat it again to determine that, but I've eaten enough for a while so I won't, haha.

Paleobird Guest
    Panther bars are my favorite. 88% seems like just the right balance point. Not brittle at all and not sticky sweet. Plus you can feel good about your chocolate fix because the company donates money to endangered species preservation.

In fact, I think I'll go have some now.

dromos is offline Member
    I've had it. It was an average bar, and average dark chocolate is still pretty damn good if you ask me.

My favorite is trader joe's 85% chocolate lovers bar, though Green and Black's 85% is a close second because it's so smooth.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    I like Panther.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    "Sex Panther by Odeon. It's illegal in nine countries. Yep, it's made of bits of real panther....so you know it's good."
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

jennf is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Endangered Species Panther is by far my favorite dark chocolate. For a while there I was having a square a day. Really yummy and not burnt tasting like a lot of the high % bars taste to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast