Walked around 1.5 miles

Front Squat

10x3 @ 90kg

Bench Press

10x3 @ 107.5kg

Deadlift

10x3 @ 127.5kg (last set was a 2+1)

NOTES

-Should be back to 186lbs tomorrow, more or less, although feeling pretty lean today and I'm noticing more and more that my belly blubber gets wobbly and weird when I squeeze the tyre now... it's a bit like a loosely packed water balloon? Very weird.

-loving the ribs just now, think I have found a relatively cheap addition to my diet!

-Front squats were tough but not one rep was poor. First couple of sets seem impossible then a switch gets flicked and I'm fine. Til the last couple! Going to up to 92.5kg next time out.

-Bench was solid, but will keep it here for another week. Slowly, slowly catchy monkey and all that.

-Deadlifts are a bitch. The weight is no problem for my target muscles (lower back, posterior chain in general) - I'm exploding up on the 10th set - but my grip is still causing problems. The last 3 sets is a major effort in will-power not to uncurl my (right) fingers on the eccentric movement of the last rep and it's not a battle I always win.

Overall, kick-ass workout, was in around 45mins and body screwed after so hit the spot. Going to do a similar workout on Thursday (same bodyparts, different movements) and then crank it up to 3 x full body workouts next week and see how I handle it. Got to say, my recovery time is awesome between workouts at the moment, which I'm putting down to the meeeeaaatt!!

Welshcaveman is offline Junior Member

DAY 4

Wt - 186.5lbs (+0.5lbs)

FOOD

Sausage, steak, ribs, cream

Fitday

2,492kcals

193g fat

4.5g carbs

177g protein

EXERCISE

Bit of walking

NOTES

-Pretty much at starting point now, would expect to have some progress by the end of this week - need to be around 194.5lbs to be on course....

DAY 5

185.5lbs (-0.5lbs)

FOOD

Steak, eggs, steak, eggs, cream.

Fitday

2,045kcals

147g fat

3g carbs

169g protein

EXERCISE

Walked about a mile.

Dips

10x3 @ +25kg

Chins

10x3 @ +5kg

SLDL

10x3 @ 100kg

NOTES

-Visibly leaner today in the midsection and 36" jeans are now officially no good for me - wore my 34's and they were comfy. 32's here we come!!

-Training was solid; dips felt fine but will only up by 2.5kg next week to make sure I'm used to the new angle.

-Went too light on chins: the handles are a little further apart than I'm used to so wanted to err on the side of caution - will go to 7.5kg next week and should nail it. All reps were dead hang through to collarbone to bar.

-SLDL's were fine, go 105kg next week.

DAY 6

Wt - 183lbs (-3lbs)

FOOD

steak, eggs, minstrels, cookies, fries, kebab.

Fitday

God knows.

EXERCISE

-about a mile walked.

NOTES

-nice bit of weight loss: I thought I'd been looking leaner but it sometimes takes a few days to make it to the scale.

-decided to cut my free day to a free evening to reduce the impact and also make me not force too much down for the sake of it.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

DAY 7

Wt - ?

FOOD

ribeye steaks, eggs, sausage, ribs, cream

Fitday

2,596kcals

207g fat

3g carbs

171g protein

EXERCISE

nothing really

NOTES

-Didn't feel ill today having restricted myself to just a few hours of cheats. No bloating either. Perhaps the biggest bonus, which has only just occurred to me, is that whereas I normally struggle the day following some cheats to resist carbs, today it has been a non-issue. So it seems there is a threshold which, if I stay under it on my cheat, still gives me the main benefits (mainly satisfying any food fancies I have in the week) while not getting me the associated negatives (bloating, upset stomach, lethargy and a renewed interest in sweet food). Makes sense. Will also see how this impacts the weight loss this week.

-From tomorrow I will start slowly ramping back the fat and upping the protein. I know that if it ain't broke don't fix it but I'm not concerned about falling off the wagon anymore so want to play around a bit. Also, midweek "cravings" are no longer cravings, just a simple "I fancy that for my cheat this week". Life is much easier now I've transitioned from needing sweet things to just wanting them!

No training tomorrow either, chest is recovered, as have legs but back still a little tender from chinning in a new position. Should be ready to hit it hard Monday.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345