Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Apple Cider Vinegar - Your thoughts? page

croí is offline Senior Member

Apple Cider Vinegar - Your thoughts?

Primal Fuel

So, a Business Manager of mine caught wind that I was eating Primal, and she gave me a 32 Fl oz Glass jar of Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar that one of our clients represents. At first I’m thinking, ‘Cool, it’s supposed to have all of these healthy things in it’. The bottle suggests drinking suggests to have 2 tsps to every 8 oz glass of water 3 times a day. She said that she adds a packet of equal to it, to get rid of the vinegar taste. I was thinking of trying this, but wanted your opinions - Yea or Nee?

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Go for it. I wouldn't add any sweetener though, but I love the taste of vinegar. I get my fix on this sort of thing from homemade Kombucha that I let get rather sour. Let us know what you think after you try it for awhile.

tarek is offline Senior Member
    Skip adding the Equal. Use it in marinades, salad dressings, sauces, soups, etc. You can also take it water like she suggested -- this has a number of uses, including getting rid of colds and assisting digestion.

lizch is offline Senior Member
    I drink 1 tablespoon in 8oz water without any sweetener. It's very refreshing. I also rinse my hair in it
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

aboutsaffron is offline Senior Member
    ACV is one of those incredibly awesome things with lots of uses. definitely go for it.
    And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the wind longs to play with your hair
    Kahlil Gibran

http://simplesunshine.wordpress.com

duckmama is offline Senior Member
    I've been drinking some ACV diluted in water almost every day for a few months now (no sweetener added). Several times during that period, I've felt a cold coming on. I've increased my intake for a day or two, and the "cold" goes away before it becomes a real cold.

Seagal is offline Junior Member
    Great stuff! That was a lovely gift, Braggs is wonderful. Some people say you should rinse after using to avoid losing the enamel on your teeth, not sure if that is a true statement, but I usually forget to do it.

I have a book from 1958, called "Folk Medicine" by D.C. Jarvis, M.D., A famous doctor's guide to folk medicine practices of Vermont - the nature secrets of honey, apple cider vfinegar and foods for health. It is a very interesting read and although I no longer use honey, it has the most amazing uses for people and animals.

alireb is offline Member
    I also use it as a face toner - really helps keep my skin clear. I do a 50/50 solution with distilled water.

TigerLily is offline Senior Member
    Excellent stuff! Braggs = A+. Wish I'd get a nice present like that. I have some in my water every day. Put in lime or lemon to help with the taste, if you want. Excellent for eradicating Candida. An old healer-type woman (who looked 20 years younger than her true age) I used to go to in Houston puts all of her patients on ACV.
    "Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food." -- Hippocrates

MichaelA is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic View Post
    Go for it. I wouldn't add any sweetener though, but I love the taste of vinegar. I get my fix on this sort of thing from homemade Kombucha that I let get rather sour. Let us know what you think after you try it for awhile.
    Same here, I do about half a liter of home made kombucha a day, brewed until sour. I drink half of the bottle on my morning commute and the rest driving back home. If I bike to work I stop and consume

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast