Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How to cure my ugly skin? page

C2H5OH is offline Senior Member

Thumbs down How to cure my ugly skin?

Shop Now
    I have to complain. I have the worst skin I have seen. Only bums and really old people had it worse, but they're not 22 years old like me. I would love to change that, it woulde be way more important for me than any further weight loss. I am asking here because I believe in curing from inside to the outside. I simply don't believe in fancy cosmetics. I tried peelings and Clean & Clear products but I think it is not the correct way to fix my issues. What went wrong so I have to look like that? Can I fix it by eleminating some food groops? I have eliminated sugar and grains over month ago.
    Here are some photos
    http://img208.imageshack.us/i/skin2d.jpg/
    http://img204.imageshack.us/i/skinbe.jpg/
    I will be normal. I will be NORMAL again
    Yeah!

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    what? two blemishes? seriously?

i would recommend: 1. not picking at it, and 2. drinking water and increasing fat intake. in addition, put oil directly on your skin. olive or avocado, and if you really want something healing, calendula. weleda makes a nice clean calendula oil.

anyway, you'll be fine. it's also hormonally driven, so once those organize, you'll be fine-er.

slacker is offline Senior Member
    What Zoebird said. Plus, no deep fried foods -- ZERO! After your hormones settle down you can maybe break that rule a few times a year.

Tadas is offline Member
    What helped me?

...no grains, sugar or dairy!
    ...no creams or soap on the skin, just plain warm water to wash several times per day.
    ...try to reduce stress.
    ...and about 3 weeks time.

ScurvyDog is offline Member
    lots of water, fats and sun

cillakat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by C2H5OH View Post
    I have eliminated sugar and grains over month ago.
    What you add in, what you fill yourself with is at least as important, or possibly more important than when you eliminate. You've stated repeatedly that you cannot eat much of what is important for optimal health.

It seems unlikely that you'll attain optimal health (including skin health) without behaving in a way that supports optimal health - ie eating foods that our bodies require to maintain optimal health.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    what? two blemishes? seriously?
    2nd.

Personally, I love rx retinoids. But I am, admittedly, very vain and use them for two reasons: 1) anti-aging 2) to keep my pores clear in spite of my use of european sunscreen used daily and applied at proper use rates.

iherb referral code CIL457- $5 off first order

lizch is offline Senior Member
    Some perspective might help. THESE people have bad skin:

http://www.google.com/images?q=acne+...w=1147&bih=651

And it's not just that those people are medical anomalies. I've seen many people with far worse skin than you. You just have a couple of zits! You have acres of clear skin between!

From my own personal experience of a lifetime of less-than-perfect skin, I think acne is as much in your head as on your face (or elsewhere). The way you perceive your own face is a thousand times worse than the rest of the world sees. Get rid of your mirrors. I wish I'd had the guts to do that. Stop picking. Give up ALL dairy for a while. And then just wait. You're only 22 and you're a man. Chances are excellent that this will not be a lifelong problem for you.
    Liz.

Zone diet on and off for several years....worked, but too much focus on exact meal composition
    Primal since July 2010...skinniest I've ever been and the least stressed about food

beachrat is offline Senior Member
    De-stress. Whatever it takes. Sleep is a good start.

I also recommend this breathing routine from a recent MDA post.
    "If man made it, don't eat it." ..Jack LaLanne
    "It doesn't matter how beautiful your theory is, it doesn't matter how smart you are.
    If it doesn't agree with experiment, it's wrong." ..Richard Feynman

beachrat's primal journal

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    No grain.
    No sugar.
    No dairy.
    8-10 hours of sleep.
    Daily sun (stop short of burning).
    Wash with Tropical Traditions or Dr. Bronner's coconut soap.
    Moisturize with pure coconut oil.
    No sunscreens, alcohol-based products, cosmetics, chemical moisturizers, etc.
    Continue for several months.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

Digby is offline Senior Member
    Try to make your diet as clean as possible. Consider a cleansing fast. Drink lots of pure water. Moisturize! People with problem skin often think this doesn't apply, but it does. It's important to clean skin well, then apply non-oily moisturizer, or aloe vera, which protects skin. I have a friend from India who swears by eathing raw eggs, and at night putting raw egg yolk on blemishes (egg white is a good mask for anyone), applied to clean skin at night, and acts as a drawing agent, and purifier because of the sulfur in eggs. Also, get a good quality multi-vitamin. Skin health is part of over all health. The hardest part is consistency.
    This time, like all times, is a very good one, if we but know what to do with it. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Any given day you are surrounded by 10,000 idiots.
    Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast