Thread: Introduction and Feedback on diet please? page

irenesom is offline Senior Member

Sometimes in life things come along at just the right time. Thats how I feel about reading this site. I am just started to read it but a lot of the things I have been doing already fit with this way of life.

My history - Over the past 10 years I have been on a journey. As the years have passed I have got fitter and slimmer. There has been times when I have tried to run a lot (loving it, hating it) I have been eating healthier and healthier. However since Jan I have been thinking my healthy diet wasn't so healthy. I was on a carb sugar rollercoaster. So I made some changes - no bread and diary, less pasta and more veg/fruit. Its helped for sure.

For the past 4 weeks I have been working with a trainer and really working as hard on my nutrition as my weights. (loving the weights!)

So here is a sample of my food diary: How close I am to being primal? Comments welcome?

Breakfast: Blueberries/Yoghurt/Seeds/x2 protein powder scoops

Snacks: x2 carrots / protein shake

Lunch: HM Sweet potato/carrot soup apple

Snack: Protein shake / apple

Dinner: x2 eggs/smkd haddock omlette brocolli

Breakfast: Blueberries/oatmeal/x2 protein

Snack: Hummous/veg

Lunch: HM Lentil Soup

Snack: Avocado/nuts

Dinner: HM Lamb curry/carrots/courgette

So, its a long post and this is new to me. I am on a journey and there is no turning back.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Good job on more or less eliminating the grains. Of course having read the site you're aware that lentils are not considered primal. Eggs are good, but you need to eat more real meat. Beef, chicken, pork, or bison and other grass-fed meats if you can afford it (I can't). Don't hesitate to have some bacon in the morning. Make your breakfast full of protein and fats so that you will be less likely to snack. Try to have some animal protein at every meal, and cook with coconut oil when you can, otherwise use olive oil. I even take half a spoonful of raw coconut oil every now and then.

I, too, have been on a weight loss journey for the past five years and I know that the less frequently I eat, the better. Ease off the dairy, too.

You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!